Dodge LCF's...

Bigdogtrucker

I love the "high-mounts" with the filler panel below the cab.

I guess it afforded them enough room for an underhood breather rather than an external one.

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

• 2 weeks later...

There was a LCF in a local scrap yard a couple of years ago. It was parked sort of off the beaten path. I tried to buy it but never could get the fellow to price it. Went back about three weeks later and it was gone. I never could get an answer as to what happened to it. I heard rumors later that a couple of the employees got caught scrapping stolen vehicles. I would suspect the truck was stolen and it got sent to China. It's a shame because it was in pretty good shape.

This is one at a farm near me, also 6-71 powered. parked 3 years ago with bad water pump. 48000 miles. Won't sell it though. . ."going to fix it when he gets time.":

dodge1.jpg

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 1 month later...

Cool a Canadian built Dodge made right in plant 1 I believe in Windsor, Ont. I remember quite a few around my area when I was real young. I know of a couple or 3 around here I been trying to get my hands on both gas and diesel. Tandem and single axles, I'd like to get one to restore at some point in time. You don't see them too much anymore.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

the green truck is a FARGO it is the Canadian equal of the Dodge ..hey were supposed to be only sold in Canada.. there is a Dodge 900 and a 1000 cabover not far from me and I am trying to talk the old fellow into selling me one of them the swing fender but he is holding back it has a 318 Detroit with 13 speed trans Hendrickson walking beam and not many miles on her the big thing it was a straight truck but with the tractor package .. this truck would be a great resto projct