1935 Diamond T T243 deluxe cab

41chevy

Looks like a really nice low low mileage ex fire truck, in storeage 30 plus years, even the wood door frames look solid.

NOT MINE, NO CONNECTION . . . BECAUSE OF WIFE!!!!

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/diamond-t/unspecified/1768250.html?refer=news

47550165-770-0.jpg

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

1 hour ago, maint1 said:

I like it a lot, the price changed the drools to tears.

I made a cash offer and they hung up!   Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

My 1st truck was a 39 diamond t 201 with a manly hand crank boom had a Hercules  flathead 6 retrofitted Eaton 2 speed axle Clark 4speed crash box. The ole man  built  a cable control for the 2speed with an old hand brake handle sticking out of the. Floor! Bought it from him for 50bucks,when he sold his salvage yard.I ended up giving  it back to him and he traded it for a 20 ton Braden winch for a wrecker he was building.the guy who has the35 d t has a couple  other dt's.in  lemmings,. The darn thing keeps changing my h's to l's but you know what I mean! He must collect them.one  Is a beautiful 49 road tractor.

He had the truck at the Winchester show last fall. It is definitely a project; pretty much all there, but pretty rough around the edges. The classic "ran when parked". It was sold by the Promised Land (PA) FD to the current owner's Dad.

Upon inspection I seriously doubt it was ever a fire truck since it does not have a transfer case or any evidence it ever had a pump on it. My best guess is that it might have been used as a tanker. I also think it came from another FD which might have used it as a fuel truck, but that is just an educated guess. The gold leaf and the current door markings are entirely different. Someone who is familiar with the history of the larger fire departments in PA or NY may recognize it.

As always price is a difficult thing to settle. The current owner is pretty proud of the truck while the rest of the world is probably not so enamored. I think he was asking over $20K at the show.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!