Rear Drive Spokes:

Does anybody know if the rear drive spokes are the same from 24.5" as opposed to 22.5" where they bolt through the brake drum(s)? I have a line on a set of chrome Dayton rims in 8.25X22.5" that might look good on my R612 with Budd hubs on front.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Rob, the diameter of the bolt hole pattern will be the same for 22.5 or 24.5, but there are a few different styles of spoke hubs. It seems eah OEM had their own look, 5 or 6 spoke, and center opening. There are "universal" drums with multiple mounting holes to fit more than one style hub. I remember from my years in the shop having several drums in stock but still lacking the correct one from time to time.

Rob, the diameter of the bolt hole pattern will be the same for 22.5 or 24.5, but there are a few different styles of spoke hubs. It seems eah OEM had their own look, 5 or 6 spoke, and center opening. There are "universal" drums with multiple mounting holes to fit more than one style hub. I remember from my years in the shop having several drums in stock but still lacking the correct one from time to time.

Hi Gregg, the R612, (1980), and the RL755, (1978) have rear hubs that look exactly the same to me with exception of the diameter of the spokes. I've not looked any closer than just looking at them but am not wanting to swap the hubs on these two trucks.

I'm going to pull a hub on the R612 this week and take measurements of the housing, and bearing to see if I can round up something that will work. I've purchased new 16" drums for the truck and don't want to be stuck with them if not usable. I've not looked into returning them so don't know if restock would apply or not.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Just have to measure the mounting area where the rims fit to see if it takes the same spacer and wedges. I'm going through that right now with the air ride I put on my truck.

I would think that the spoke diameter would be different between 22.5 and 24"? Isn't the rim diameter bigger? Budds, you don't have to worry, but spokes I would think they would be different.

??

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"