Interesting R700

Hello, been a lurker for a quite a while on here. Figured I should post something. Heres a pic that was posted somewhere else a few years back and figured ( if it hasn't been posted before ) that you guys on here would get a kick out of this one. I figure someone cut the back off a F model and did some interesting custom work to make a R model integral sleeper.

2ptcufa.jpg

Edited by Peteman

Hello, been a lurker for a quite a while on here. Figured I should post something. Heres a pic that was posted somewhere else a few years back and figured ( if it hasn't been posted before ) that you guys on here would get a kick out of this one. I figure someone cut the back off a F model and did some interesting custom work to make a R model integral sleeper.

2ptcufa.jpg

Hi there, yes we have seen that posted here before but it was a "grab" from your prior post on LargeCar. Welcome here too but be aware there are some not to friendly to Peterbilt around here; (all in good fun ya know).

Nicely done whoever owned it.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hi there, yes we have seen that posted here before but it was a "grab" from your prior post on LargeCar. Welcome here too but be aware there are some not to friendly to Peterbilt around here; (all in good fun ya know).

Nicely done whoever owned it.

Rob

Ha,ha no problem I have big shoulders. Yeah seems very nicely done and unique. I too wonder about the lack of airtanks and battery boxes. I may play with it in photoshop to fill in some of that empty space.

It seems to have a sort of novel retro '50s architectural influence as regards the "quarter circle" sleeper window.

Very asute observation! LOL! looks almost factory in some aspects,i could swear i've seen pictures of an early production F-model with "quarter windows" like this. But a nice looking job nonetheless!...........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

This is definately one of those cases when you wish pictures could talk.At a glance,it does look like a F model sleeper,but if you study it ,I believe it to be an Orville sleeper,especially with that window.The rear axle looks to be a tag,with that and the fact it has no battery box in the typical R model fashion,I'm wondering if it was a B-73 refitted with a 700 series BCR conversion.

I believe Superdog is correct with the Orville Body works sleeper observation,i did a little research and came up with a few pictures for comparison. I also wondered about a BCR conversion,but looking more carefully at the picture,i think maybe this is a re-built wreck,or a re-cabbed older model truck from another manufacturer,reason i think that is the frame,fuel tank,steps on frame (just in front of the quarter fenders) and the dual exaust,Detroit maybe? but again this is just a guess...........Mark

post-5836-0-85041300-1305289730_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-95347700-1305289739_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-43377100-1305289749_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

• 1 year later...

I found an old Overdrive (January 1969) article with a similar rig. If it is the same truck, it could explain the reason for lack of air tanks and battery box.

post-13134-0-56414500-1358639878_thumb.j

post-13134-0-88258200-1358640130_thumb.j

Edited by Chuck P
  • Like 1

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)