Superliner On Hold

Ok guys I need some Superliner advice. About a year or so I asked some questions about a Superliner that one of my friends had for sale,it had the steering box mounted on the front axle, an it also had a Mack 10 speed. Ok the truck is I think an 86?? (It has the round head lights) an It came with a 440-E9 V8. Now the motor has been updated to a 90's E9-500, the truck also has New-Way air ride with a single heavy frame, Bud's on front an open wheels on back. He had bought the truck to pull his lo-boy trailer so he started to put a lot of money into this unit i.e. he rebuilt the motor, bought all new bullet lights,all new Mack name plates an every thing new on the outside still in box's sittin in the cab. Well one of his friends needed to get out from under a nice Superliner 500V8 58 rears with an 18 speed (better low-boy tractor) so he put this truck in the corner about 5 years now. Ok he has been holding this truck for me about a year now,an he wants me to take this truck cause he knows how we keep em an he knows we don't Cowboy our trucks!! all this truck needs is paint, an air cond. compressor an some odds an ends. My question is whats this truck worth? I can buy it for about 10,000 I don't know a lot about the E9 V8 an also this would be a truck that I would put into service pulling a cement tanker please let me know what you think Thank You Ernie D

sounds like a fare price,with all that engine work,i would grab it,its sounds like its pretty much ready to go,and the rubber is all good,make him buy you fresh battery,s.lol.,,and definately wouldnt be afraid to work it,good luck,bob...how you feeling ernie?im doing excellant,back to work two weeks.bob

If it's got the axle mounted steering gear,it would be an '85 or older,as '85 was the transition year between the Superliner I and 2.If you like the truck,$10k wouldn't be that out of line,because you're basically paying for the rebuilt engine and getting the truck for free,but if you're like me,I'd sure try to bargain a little.

My son gave $5500 for a really nice E9 powered '89 last year,that had engine trouble.After finding out what it was going to cost to rebuild it,we put it on hold.Waiting paid off cause I just got him a wrecked MH with a good E9 for pretty cheap,so we should be able to finish his truck for under $12K total investment.