Killer "B" out on the prairie

randyp

Took a long trip with Killer dragging dozer out on big giant large oversized ranch yesterday to repair a remote, and I mean REMOTE lake dam. I swear if im lying, Im dying, Killer left highway, turned into pasture, and i bet we went 5 miles over grass, opening and closing 46 gates, crossing small washes, scattering coyotes, etc. what a trip! randyp musta drove by 35 dried up ponds too.

Sounds to me like one of them thar Gov't Stimulus make work projects.... Why you gotta repair the dam when there ain't no WATER ?!?

Gregg

heh heh,,,Touche! On a sidenote cousin rob, I spent the day yesterday at your Alma Mater, Waco, Tex. at a VA meeting. Its a 4 hr drive from here, left early in morning and got back late last night. Im just gonna spend day doing lil maintenance and maybe wash gorilla. I-35 is one crowded up, choked up interstate! randyp

It was getting bad in the late 70's for certain. Haven't been down there in about four years now and do need to return next class I have in OKC. I'll get in touch with you too.

If you see that SOB "cousin Bob", you tell him I'll be looking for his ass too.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Sounds to me like one of them thar Gov't Stimulus make work projects.... Why you gotta repair the dam when there ain't no WATER ?!?

Gregg

well, someday they may be water again, best time to work on it is now, nice and dry. Sides all that, i dont question paying customers, i just follow orders, and head for the bank with their money. Hopefully, drought will end. randyp

It was getting bad in the late 70's for certain. Haven't been down there in about four years now and do need to return next class I have in OKC. I'll get in touch with you too.

If you see that SOB "cousin Bob", you tell him I'll be looking for his ass too.

Rob

10-4 on that Rob,,,,randyp

He had directions from the rancher.

"....then ya turn left at the dead cow, pass 34 dried up ponds, at the 35th dried up pond turn left again, then yer gunna go straight fer a stretch 'til ya see a couple big coyotes under a tree, well you'll be wanting to shoot at them coyotes, but don't do it, their all that's keepin' the wild hogs at bay. Just after ya see them coyotes you turn left again and pass through 'bout 40 gates, then your gonna turn left again at the wash..."

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Komatsu actually makes the largest dozer in the world. It is a 24 cylinder behemoth working in New Zealand at a coal mine.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

its the 575a they are huge peabody used to have one in western ky. my father inlaw has pics of a c65 mechanics truck pulled along side of it and you would still have to step up from the sides of the tool bed to get on the tracks. i cant remember the name of the mines but they had alot of shovels there too.

its the 575a they are huge peabody used to have one in western ky. my father inlaw has pics of a c65 mechanics truck pulled along side of it and you would still have to step up from the sides of the tool bed to get on the tracks. i cant remember the name of the mines but they had alot of shovels there too.

that's what the one in the picture is- even looks like western Ky, with the Mack beside it.

Komatsu actually makes the largest dozer in the world. It is a 24 cylinder behemoth working in New Zealand at a coal mine.

Rob

must be this one. looks just like Randy's.

wonder how fast you have to be going around the bend to roll a bulldozer over?

• Like 1

I looked pretty good and they look more like illegals walking north!!!

When i first saw them, thought it was a coupla calves, then noticed the tails and stopped and snapped pic. They were headed in same direction as dead cow so i guess it was lunch time,,,randyp