randyp:

Rob

Hey Randy, here is a damned nice dump truck in your neck of the woods.

Rob

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1988-R-Model-Mack-CLEAN-/110806808446?pt=Commercial_Trucks&hash=item19cc99b77e

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Thanks Rob, am a gonna have to check in to that. I have never dealt with ebay, have bought from iron planet before. it says reserve is 24,500, does that mean it wont go for less than that? I may turn me a bid on that, like it cepting the gangster cover over windshield is gonna have to go. Thats a clean looking truck! Its bout 70 miles from me,,thanks,,randyp

Thanks Rob, am a gonna have to check in to that. I have never dealt with ebay, have bought from iron planet before. it says reserve is 24,500, does that mean it wont go for less than that? I may turn me a bid on that, like it cepting the gangster cover over windshield is gonna have to go. Thats a clean looking truck! Its bout 70 miles from me,,thanks,,randyp

He has a buy it now price of $24,500. That is not necessarily his reserve. I'd throw your maximum amout you are willing to pay for the thing and if your bid meets his reserve price setting, wait for the end of the auction. I certainly would look at the truck first however being not that far.

He may sell it for less outright. I'd talk to him straight up. Sure looks like a nice truck and I knew you weren't far. I've worked at the Texarkana radar site in the past so somewhat know the area myself.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hey rob, yeah, i just went and signed up on ebay. I did learn there that reserve is minimum price acceptable and is kept hidden from bidders. I dont think info on sellers is available, not sure, but would like a phone number or adress. I would go look at it today definitely. Looks like a well cared for truck. thanks,,,randyp

Hey rob, yeah, i just went and signed up on ebay. I did learn there that reserve is minimum price acceptable and is kept hidden from bidders. I dont think info on sellers is available, not sure, but would like a phone number or adress. I would go look at it today definitely. Looks like a well cared for truck. thanks,,,randyp

There is a link on the auction page: "Ask a question". That would be your best best if there is no phone number listed.

Rob

heh heh,,,thanks Rob, found it and sent him a message. Its still too wet here and I would look at it today if he gets back with me. thanks friend,,,,randyp

Sure looks like a nice one. Hope it works out for you. Did you make your scheduled trip yesterday?

Rob

No, talked to them, they acting kinda hardheaded, still pondering. You got me too turned on to this ebay mack now, hope he contacts me pretty quick. randyp

I think you are on the right track. I am not at all impressed with the other party.

Rob

Randy -

I have had some sort of dealing with that guy on ebay before but I don't remember what it was - his name is Rick and his number is: (903) 794-9921

I only give you this top secret info in the hopes you remove the gay lookin sun shield off that fine Mack if you buy it. I also require that you have matching mud flaps within 60 days of purchase.

Randy -

I have had some sort of dealing with that guy on ebay before but I don't remember what it was - his name is Rick and his number is: (903) 794-9921

I only give you this top secret info in the hopes you remove the gay lookin sun shield off that fine Mack if you buy it. I also require that you have matching mud flaps within 60 days of purchase.

I'd do away with the visor thing myself and install self sealing stainless screws into the holes. As far as mudflaps, I'd run those old style Barry has with the dogs facing each other. I have them for most of my trucks and they are very good quality.

Rob

I'd do away with the visor thing myself and install self sealing stainless screws into the holes. As far as mudflaps, I'd run those old style Barry has with the dogs facing each other. I have them for most of my trucks and they are very good quality.

Rob

It was hard to see in the photos, but are those stainless or aluminum covers over the indented places on the sides of the bed? I would look under them, almost all the trucks this poor man has bought with them on had problems with the bedsides they were hiding.

It was hard to see in the photos, but are those stainless or aluminum covers over the indented places on the sides of the bed? I would look under them, almost all the trucks this poor man has bought with them on had problems with the bedsides they were hiding.

Some put those on cause they like the look, some due to carrying heated asphalt loads, some to conceal dents from demolition work.

Guys around here use plywood painted black, or in a contrasting color to go with the bed.

Rob

"Its still too wet here". Did you ever think you would say that again?

Wet and limp are just as useless as stiff and dry.

Rob

Don't be shy about asking any questions of the seller that you want. Any reputable Ebay seller wants to answer any and all questions before the sale so there are no surprises when the sale is completed.

If you want to know the reserve; ask him. The worse you can get is an "I won't tell you" reply.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

That is a good looking truck, cepting all that gay shit. It was getting out of my budget anyway, so I finally just bought other one i been haggling over. I would have hated to load shit and pond scum in the ebay one anyhow. It didnt look like it would enjoy "Dairy lagoon duty". LOL....randyp

That is a good looking truck,got to agree though,that "gangster" visor gots to go! i see a lot of those drop visors (especially on paccar junk) so damn low,i dont see how you can see to drive! course; the majority of peterbilts i pass,the drivers are sitting on the floor,guess its better to look "cool" then actually see what your doing/over the hood?...............Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Truthfully it is more relaxing and comfortable riding down low. you can stretch out straighter. Idk had a buddy tell me that thought he was full of it till i tried it. But I am all over. seat up,down,up to back into a spot or manuver. might ride low for a while if out on the highway. but start hitting alot of bumps and the air goes back in

That is a good looking truck,got to agree though,that "gangster" visor gots to go! i see a lot of those drop visors (especially on paccar junk) so damn low,i dont see how you can see to drive! course; the majority of peterbilts i pass,the drivers are sitting on the floor,guess its better to look "cool" then actually see what your doing/over the hood?...............Mark

Unfortunately, I no longer drive a Peterbilt.

post-1374-0-41413600-1326560854_thumb.jp

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.