Seen this today:

Rob

Not a Mack but a pretty nice old truck still working. Barely caught it with my camera through the glass.

Rob

post-78-0-50280700-1331005531_thumb.jpg

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I always liked the LTL 9000 Fords myself. I always thought they a nice balance of function and looks. I think one of the only types I liked however.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Is that main street USA, I mean Farmington? Looks like the small towns around here...

It is and straight out of the 1940's without any updates for the most part, including neglect.

Rob

Marango IL?

No, I was through Marengo on Tuesday evening too lat to vist with Brad, and on the way to meet Al. The photo is of Farmington's downtown area.

Rob

ford pulling a ford? soon they will get another ford to tow both of them but it wont have the power so they will have to hire someone with a mack. :notworthy::SMOKIE-LFT:

That one had an experienced driver in the seat. No wrenching of the truck from the torque upon acceleration, nor loud bark, but rather a smooth exhaust tone, and very easy on the upshift. This is probably why the truck is still working. The packer on the wheel lift was loaded also. Sounded like a Cummins engine to me from the exhaust note.

Rob

Seen these today going around Fort Worth Timing couldn't of been better was at a light when I saw them

Thanks for sharing. The dumper on the right looks like it's hard a hard working life.

rob

First truck I went to look at when I was looking to buy a truck was a '97 LTL9000.....475 CAT, 13 speed road ranger, 3.55 eaton rears. NOTHING electrical worked except the brake lights. Had a bunch of unplugged electrical connections under the dash, which MIGHT have been part of the problem....but I couldn't afford to spend 2 or 3 months working the bugs out of a truck before I could use it. Drove real nice, though...

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

First truck I went to look at when I was looking to buy a truck was a '97 LTL9000.....475 CAT, 13 speed road ranger, 3.55 eaton rears. NOTHING electrical worked except the brake lights. Had a bunch of unplugged electrical connections under the dash, which MIGHT have been part of the problem....but I couldn't afford to spend 2 or 3 months working the bugs out of a truck before I could use it. Drove real nice, though...

Don't remember if I ever talked about one I did myself back in 97. I repainted one Dodge Viper Red after installing replacment OEM doors, a Jones Performance hood, and new chrome front bumper with all new driving and fog lamps. This truck really looked nice with all aluminum rims and dual stacks. Only thing I didn't like was the owner had me paint the steps and fuel tanks also. They should have been left polished aluminum as original. I thought this detracted from the appearance.

Rob