Grandpa's Mack

Timothy Maikshilo

There is not a definite answer on the Mack in the picture as far as I can tell. It could certainly be a "C" or an "L". Mack used this type cab for both models. The front bumper being dipped for a crank may be the tell-tale that it is a C but I wouldn't count it out as being a n L.

If someone can verify, I'd like to what they are using to specify the difference. I can never stop learning!

Cool pic of a Cool truck...

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

Thanks guys and thanks Gregg, I am glad to have shared it and learned about it too. Here is my Grandfather on the left at work in Bermuda.

These old pictures are great, even more so when there is something to learn and there is someone belonging to them. Pretty cool history.

Taking my mayden voyage tomorrow to South Royalton Vt. to pick up my trailer at Luckys. I might take Rt 2 and that should take me through your neck of the woods Tim, Coventry Vt. Might take 2 there and 95 home, there is a Popeys fried chicken in Kennybunk I 'm fond of.

MMM Popeye's! Rt. 2 hard on the back side in N.H. and Vt. is all right for this time of year. Are you taking Rt. 2 to Rt.93 to Rt. 91 south in St. Johnsbury? That is 45 minutes south of me. I'd be happy to say hello if you have the time but I know hat it's like to grab and go. Good luck on your trip and if you need anything please give me a call at the house phone 802-754-9460. Lucky's always has some neat trucks in the back too.

There is not a definite answer on the Mack in the picture as far as I can tell. It could certainly be a "C" or an "L". Mack used this type cab for both models. The front bumper being dipped for a crank may be the tell-tale that it is a C but I wouldn't count it out as being a n L.

If someone can verify, I'd like to what they are using to specify the difference. I can never stop learning!

Cool pic of a Cool truck...

Hey Doug,

All my reference material shows the C series traffic type with the engine crank hole below the grille, and the E series with a lower mount grille and the crank hole right in the grille. I couldn't find any mention of an L but I know you must have a picture or two!

Gregg

Here is a picture of an LMU I took several years ago. Like I said, Mack used the same cab on both.

Doug,i was un-aware the same cab was used on both models,always thought they were just very similar..............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Here is a picture of an LMU I took several years ago. Like I said, Mack used the same cab on both.

Why didn't this one come home with you?

I think there is a member in here that has a LMU.

There was a military version of this model,NJU I think it was called,4x4 basically same cab,they made 700 of them in 1941 only.I tried to buy one out of a junkyard in Illinois several years ago,but I couldn't swing it with all the other stuff I'd already bought there.

Why didn't this one come home with you?

I think there is a member in here that has a LMU.

There was a military version of this model,NJU I think it was called,4x4 basically same cab,they made 700 of them in 1941 only.I tried to buy one out of a junkyard in Illinois several years ago,but I couldn't swing it with all the other stuff I'd already bought there.

Funny I see this today - I was reading John Montville's Mack book last night when I went to bed and saw a photo of those - page 113 - used to pull pontoon trailers.