Memorial Day

David

Recieved this today from a fellow USS Oklahoma Society Member. Don't know if it true, but makes you think. Paul

000Q055zDdB.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Recieved this today from a fellow USS Oklahoma Society Member. Don't know if it true, but makes you think. Paul

000Q055zDdB.jpg

Yes sir that kind of thing does make one think.

I know where there is a 1962 Corvette sitting at the owner's parents house, in the same spot it has since he was killed in the Tet Offensive. I threw their newpaper for many years.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

000Q055zDdB.jpg

That all depends. If the bike were merely chained to the tree, still sitting on the ground, then no....that would not happen. Unlike critters (who's body's & limbs all stretch out & grow proportionally), a tree puts on new growth only at the tips of the branches, as well as growing existing branches thicker.

What that means is that a sign nailed to a tree 3 feet from the ground will still be 3 feet from the ground in 100 years. Likewise, a bicycle chained to the tree on the ground would not be lifted into the air as the tree "grew", but would remain on the ground.

However, if the bicycle had been placed into a notch in the tree (between 2 branches), as the tree branches grew thicker over the years they would grow right around the bicycle to the point where the bicycle was like that in the photograph.

So, while the photograph of the bicycle in the tree is probably real, the story probably isn't.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

thank you all for your services,,,men and woman,,from all branches,,,and all times,,,we couldnt have made it without you...and everyone have a splendid day,,,we,,ll be barbequing for the second time this weekend..woohoo..bob :banana::twothumbsup:

Yes sir that kind of thing does make one think.

I know where there is a 1962 Corvette sitting at the owner's parents house, in the same spot it has since he was killed in the Tet Offensive. I threw their newpaper for many years.

Rob

I had a neighbor that had a big farm and tried to keep his son home from being drafted for Vietnam because he needed his help on the farm. The son won out, and you guessed it, almost as soon as he stepped off the plane and was handed a rifle, he was killed.

A friend helped his dad repair fence years later, and there were these hard, rock looking things stuck on the fence wire all over the farm. The dad got mad at him when he tore one of them off.

The son had always chewed gum and he got a kick out of sticking it on a fence wire when he was done. About all the dad had left of his son were the 14 years of his gum stuck on the wires.

I live in the greatest country in the world because of the sacrifice of others!

• 1 month later...

Amazing how something with no vulgarity can be one of the most insulting and powerful messages to Obama that I have seen to date...

Memorial Day 3.bmp

NOT RACIST... YOU JUST DON’T BELONG THERE…

NOT VIOLENT...JUST NOT SILENT ANY MORE!

Keep This One Going! Send it to all your friends.

• Like 2

The Col is 100% correct,if it was to honor crap like Traylon Martin or Rodney King there would be crocodile tears and talk of how great they were. The SOB!

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE