Ribs for Bob

other dog

Grill loaded to full capacity-

done smoking, 4 or 5 hours. time to wrap them up an let them finish cooking in my old outdoor wood fired gas stove oven.

I even cooked 2 chickens-

time for a cold one now!

everybody that liked the ribs, raise your hand...

hmmmmph!..only 2 peoples liked them.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Shoot! wish i could do something similar today,prolly have a small cookout,burgers,dogs etc.no holiday for me,prolly leave out later tonight,i gotta be in Milwaukee tues. morning early,want to try and get and early start so i'm not fighting traffic all day tomm. and tomm. night.....................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Those folks could not raise even a glass....cause they are stuffed. Tom, I have the same grill but did not buy the firewood box on the right side. I really don't understand how they work anybetter. Ohhhhhh I get it now. You can load wood into it without disturbing the meat or opening the stove. Makes more sense to me now. Wonder if I can now buy the firebox on the side?

Do you need a rib checker?

mike

• Like 1

Those folks could not raise even a glass....cause they are stuffed. Tom, I have the same grill but did not buy the firewood box on the right side. I really don't understand how they work anybetter. Ohhhhhh I get it now. You can load wood into it without disturbing the meat or opening the stove. Makes more sense to me now. Wonder if I can now buy the firebox on the side?

Do you need a rib checker?

mike

yeah, the offset firebox is great for smoking. I usually put charcoal in it to start, then just add oak, hickory, or maple wood as needed. I don't use it for cooking a steak, chicken, or burgers, just cook them directly over charcoal in the main grill. I did smoke the chicken yesterday using just the indirect heat because I had plenty of time to cook it.

Hmmm.....offset firebox...

Reminds me of being in the Scouts and hazing younger Scouts and why none of them remembered to bring the "left handed smoke shifter" for the campfire?

Maybe someone from my troop was involved with the U model?

Hey, where is the 'slaw? Can't have ribs without 'slaw!

we might have had slaw, I don't remember. By the time all was said and done I could hardly walk for some reason- must have been tired. I do remember picking some macaroni out of the garden so Jo could make macaroni salad.

And I was just thinking about all them kids in the good ole USA that will go hungry tonight and tomorrow night. You guys should leave your phone numbers and addresses, so they can come and be filled and live another day.

mike

Ma EBT can git me some chips,soda,gum,smokes,BBQ. The chirrens too. Dem white folk don't know nuthin 'bout BBQ

• Like 2

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

hahahasorry tom,,,just spotted this,,,wasnt on here much this weekend,,,mostly ouside,,,,everything looks excellent,,,i think you have the same exact smoker,as i got,,,we also smoked our chicken,,,came out excellant,,,heres a picture of main grille,,alllthough yours look better,,,it was swell weekend,,,looks like yours was too...bobpost-8124-0-25406900-1338313529_thumb.jppost-8124-0-75477400-1338313582_thumb.jp

naw, I think yours look better Bob...at least just as good,eh?

Yeah, I really like my grill. Remember when everyone here was giving me a hard time about my "new unit" when I got it, because I made such a big deal about it?

Heck, my old grill was made from an anti-freeze drum!

post-8124-0-44575400-1338482445_thumb.jppost-8124-0-45815600-1338482499_thumb.jpoh tom fogot to mention,,,dont feel bad about 2 people raising hands for ribs,,,this is what happened to me when i said raise hands for ribs,,,even forgot thier towel.lol. :idunno: bob

Maybe they ran off to see how many of them could cram into the VW. There's something you don't wanna try AFTER eating ribs.

Jim

naw, I think yours look better Bob...at least just as good,eh?

Yeah, I really like my grill. Remember when everyone here was giving me a hard time about my "new unit" when I got it, because I made such a big deal about it?

Heck, my old grill was made from an anti-freeze drum!

well it dont take much to hold charcoals,,,but ill tell ya what that smoked chicken,,,was the best ive ever had in my life,,,i mean absolutely outstanding :twothumbsup: bob..oh by the way welcome home