People bringing gifts:

Rob

I get a call from a customer of mine that is cleaning out his barn. Says he has a few items he'd like me to have as I'd appreciate them.

Here they are:

A 5000 watt Onan portable generator that runs very well. I like these older sets.

post-78-0-27637600-1338696192_thumb.jpg

An old torch cart with large steel wheels. These used to be commonplace in factories due to being easy to roll around.

post-78-0-23090500-1338696196_thumb.jpg

Three "T" size cylinder oxygen tanks, and one large acetylene tank. All tanks came with the contracts too so no problem filling them. Two of the oxygen cylinders are full.

post-78-0-80675800-1338696199_thumb.jpg

Glad I don't piss everybody off I come into contact with........

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

dam you rob, i have room to store that generator..... just bring it over

I have four other generators in the building. This one is quite small but will run for days and weeks on end at 1800 rpm. It is very quiet inside that cabinet. Electric start too.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

that thing gas or diesel?

It is gas, 1800rpm and two cylinder opposed. I'm prolly going to put it on the house cause it can go in the basement. Are you looking for a small diesel set to do away with the inverter?

Rob

looking for a 6500 or 7500 diesel. more so to get away from the inverter at night but so we can get back to cooking in the truck. Getting more refridgerated fruit cups and stuff like that. Got my eye on one also gonna put a roof top on the truck.

looking for a 6500 or 7500 diesel. more so to get away from the inverter at night but so we can get back to cooking in the truck. Getting more refridgerated fruit cups and stuff like that. Got my eye on one also gonna put a roof top on the truck.

Spend the extra money and get either a four, or six pole alternator as opposed to two pole. A two pole runs at 3600 rpm, four pole at 1800 rpm, and a six pole at 1200 rpm. You will appreciate the slower speed of the engine with it's noise and vibration.

Most small Onan sets are four pole used in motorhomes and such.

Rob

Spend the extra money and get either a four, or six pole alternator as opposed to two pole. A two pole runs at 3600 rpm, four pole at 1800 rpm, and a six pole at 1200 rpm. You will appreciate the slower speed of the engine with it's noise and vibration.

Most small Onan sets are four pole used in motorhomes and such.

Rob

Thank you for the info

Dang, need that genset for my truck. Want to get rid of that noisy diesel unit I have. Works great, just too noisy.

Kinda wondered how they made them work at slower speed. More poles...........duh.

Wonder if I could investigate my generator and find a 4 pole and turn the speed down?? Adjust it for correct speed anyway. Of course you need enough HP to turn it, so that is an issue.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"