Stuff of the Week

other dog

I was gonna post some pictures of all the U-models I saw this week. But now i'm too tired- I got all the way to Bluefield,W.V. with a load of pipes last night when the clutch monkeyed up on the truck, so I went back to Prinecton, W.V. and dropped the trailer behind the Wal-Mart store, bob tailed back to Concord, left the red truck, and bob tailed a yellow truck back to Princeton, got the load of pipes, and went on to Vansant, Va. That's out near Grundy. Way past Possum Hollow Road.

Saw some excavating going on on 81 between Roanoke and Christiansburg.

And I saw a good looking B-model out around Richlands when I was going to Vansant.

Saw another one when I was on the way back. This one was around Richlands too. Looks like a couple of Emeryvilles out back too.(Note the school bus yellow truck in the mirror)

Saw a big Mack mixer too.

...and a girl in a car.post-1374-0-01166100-1342658576.jpg

narrow road going to the pipes unloading place

passed by a coal mine

...and a Superliner

another Superliner in Narrows,Va.

more old Macks in Narrows

and it's still too danged hot!

got a few more pictures, i'll do it tomorrow.

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Looks to be some interesting iron around that B model. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I love your updates other dog ... I've been tryin to keep my go pro close to catch the macks but always seems I'm a minute to late ....or day or dollar ... Guess that's life

P.s. Nice looking dm , I came through Georgia with two of those dm's ....the scenery looks very familiar

Here's a few pictures from the first trip, when I took some mats up to a drill rig in Avella, Pa.

this is plastic pipe, for water. that device these guys are using joins the pieces of pipe. It heats it and bonds it together some kind of way, and it's strong enough that they could pull all that pipe, about half a mile of it that I could see, from the other end, then they'd add another piece up here.

Narrow road to the drill rig. I was on the way out here.

Saw this rolloff truck coming into Lynchburg yesterday, dusting everything down.

When it crossed this rough bridge you couldn't see behind it.

Saw a truck for sale in Lynchburg. Olive needs this truck.He could raise a load of hay up to the barn loft door with it, not to mention the fun the boys could have with it. Just think how funny it would be if his blushing bride came out one morning to go somewhere, and the boys had her car loaded on this truck and raised up about 12 feets in the air- hilarious,eh?

• Like 2

You only get credit for one B model, but there is a Pete 352 in the first B model pic. Partial credit will be awarded for the Pete at 1/10 the value of a B model catch.

I wonder if girly girl lost her phone and if she would like some help locating it.

• Like 1

Jim

I spot me a U model. The "more old Macks in Narrows" that tractor behind it looks to be a U. Is that Narrows Virginia?

Hi there Vinny! Yes, Narrows, Va.

Avella is nice country. I've worked with a lot of guys from the there. Its turning into hillbilly rich now with all the drilling going on, but its still nice country. I like taking some sunday afternoon rides in the B model out that way... head out rt. 50 pickup 844 into washington then run back up to Carnegie.

• Like 1

Looks like the girl in the car was getting some fresh air also. Joe D.

not enough though. she should have had her window down so there wouldn't be a reflection. makes a much better picture.

Wasn't able to get pics as we had to move along, but, had a walking floor hauling MSW not make the turn properly and laid it over into the ditch yesterday.

juan Avilla Jose de Villa gonzalez aqui turned like he was driving a car. Trailer dropped into the 6 foot deep swale. Cab was laid over about 4 feet in the air. Landfill closed for about 3 hours. Lost a load, but was on the clock the whole time.

Speaking of whole time, nice girl pic OD

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Here is a shot of Stans other Superliner(E9 powered) and his E9 CL:

2012-04-29_11-02-23_162.jpg

2012-04-29_11-02-42_509.jpg

I got to drive the superliner around the parking lot last fall in Cleveland. Just waiting to get my chance to take it for a long ride.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Wasn't able to get pics as we had to move along, but, had a walking floor hauling MSW not make the turn properly and laid it over into the ditch yesterday.

juan Avilla Jose de Villa gonzalez aqui turned like he was driving a car. Trailer dropped into the 6 foot deep swale. Cab was laid over about 4 feet in the air. Landfill closed for about 3 hours. Lost a load, but was on the clock the whole time.

Speaking of whole time, nice girl pic OD

I don't know what MSW is, but this is one of my favorite "girl in car" pictures. This was taken while I was sitting in traffic on I-85 around Concord, N.C. a few years ago. The best one was taken with my film camera and it was on the wall at the shop for a long time.

post-1374-0-67456100-1342871932_thumb.jp

I went to the Wal-Mart store a while ago, rode up 29 north a ways towards Lynchburg first. I was gonna try to get a picture of the big oak tree that fell on a 50-something 2 ton Chevrolet truck, but I didn't see it. Thought it was between here and Yellow Branch, but it must be between Yellow Branch and Foster Fuel.

I did take some pictures of some things however, here with gripping descriptions-

I saw this here Mack loaded on a trailer hooked to that other Mack.

and these 2 blurry cars, and a pole

a nice looking blurry Mustang- hey, I was using Jo's camera, she was driving.

A "dangling M" R-model water truck at the Wal-Mart store

and this creature-