707 fuel pump fittings

aspeltz

If you are planning on using rubber hoses make sure you get the newer high pressure hose made for fuel injected engines.. It will outlast the old stuff.

The Ethanol in the fuel will also degrade the older hoses....found out the hard way too.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

The Ethanol in the fuel will also degrade the older hoses....found out the hard way too.

Yep; I'm redoing a 72 IH 1310 right now and I'm going to run copper where a hose is used now. Too many sad stories of fuel hoses letting go that caused a fuel fed fire.

After the show season is over I'm going to do the same to the 52.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I found that out on my 55 chevy. The E 10 we're forced to run destroyed all the rubber fuel lines, the seals in the Holly injectors and the bladder in my fuel cell. Learned this is SOP for the older systems. Now I'm a chemist for my older vehicles. Viton or equavalent fuel hoses and seals, lead additive for fuel (probably not needed except in my mind) and motor oil with a Zinc supplement to prevent cam wear. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Albert,

I used Arthur Gould Rebuilders in New York

http://arthurgouldrebuilders.com/

Arthur Gould Rebuilders

5R Main Street

Kings Park, NY 11754

United States

(631)269-0093

Over the phone he quoted me $80 for a single action and $100 for a dual action. They rebuild yourworn out pump you send to them. I had a single action and was charged $90. I paid shipping both ways. They use the viton or equivalent diaphragms. Turnaround time in their shop was about 3-4 days. Came back looking like brand new.

Other people here have used Kanter Auto in Boonton NJ. I called them before Arthur Gould with part numbers for a quote and never heard back. Big turn off for me.

I found that out on my 55 chevy. The E 10 we're forced to run destroyed all the rubber fuel lines, the seals in the Holly injectors and the bladder in my fuel cell. Learned this is SOP for the older systems. Now I'm a chemist for my older vehicles. Viton or equavalent fuel hoses and seals, lead additive for fuel (probably not needed except in my mind) and motor oil with a Zinc supplement to prevent cam wear. Paul

Paul

I know what you mean, when I gas up my truck I feel like a gas junkie.

First you put the ethanol treatment in, then the lead additive, next the octane booster, and then believe it or not finally the gasoline!

Ron

Paul

I know what you mean, when I gas up my truck I feel like a gas junkie.

First you put the ethanol treatment in, then the lead additive, next the octane booster, and then believe it or not finally the gasoline!

Ron

Try this site, there a lot near you for non ethanol gas

http://www.buyrealgas.com/

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 3 months later...

I'm working to get a 49 707A gas engine in the LS85 running and had wrongly assumed that the lack of a mechanical fuel pump meant it didn't have one from the factory. WRONG. I have a 707C engine for parts that came with a pump installed. I know I can get it rebuilt. Does anybody know if it fits the A engine? Also, what the hell drives it? the cam and the third shaft are on the other side of the block? Any help would be appreciated. They appear to mount in the same location on either block.

I know I could use an electric unit as long as I make sure I tie it to ignition power and probably a secondary fuel switch to make sure it can get shut off particularly in a fuel leak situation. I prefer the stock hardware whever I can run it reliably. If the 707C unit won't work, does anybody have the unit I would need?

Thanks for any light you may be able to shed on the situation.

Greg