Pictures of the Week

other dog

Not many pictures this week, but here's a few.

After I unloaded the insulation in Charlottesville Monday, I went to Bedford and picked this load up. They sold this equipment to a place in Bloomingdale, Il. I don't know what it is, but the big machine on the front was sold for $39,000 and the other things were 14-$1,500 each. The prices were on the paperwork.

A '68 or '69 Firebird for sale. Beautiful car, solid black, but I still haven't gotten a good picture of it.

Headed up the AA Highway in Kentucky.

Picked up 8 scrap coils in Portage, In. and 8 more in Warsaw. Took these to Suffolk,Va.

Saw this Transtar in Fairplain,W.V. on the way back.

Went from Suffolk to Chesapeake and picked this container up. Gonna drop it off up the road here in Rustburg Monday.

Saw a big Mack mixer and a school bus on the way in.

And some scrapers like randyp likes to see- parked, rusting, and trees growing up through them.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Been seeing another Transtar around Ar. lately. and a few cabover Petes also. they are trying to make a comeback. Was looking at a cabover myself before pulling my lease with Landstar.

Well, I...uh...I saw...OK, I saw a solid black Freightliner Argosy somewhere this week, and it was a damn sharp looking unit!..there, I said it.

Well, I...uh...I saw...OK, I saw a solid black Freightliner Argosy somewhere this week, and it was a damn sharp looking unit!..there, I said it.

I remember going to the Mid-America truckshow in Louisville some years ago when the Argosy first came out,we were standing in line to look at one (why i don't know) i do remember they were giving one away,so this radio guy was interviewing people standing in line for the truckers channel on XM radio,asking them their opinion of Freightliners newest truck,so when he gets to me,he asks "Mark Wright,owner-operator from New Jersey,what would you do if you won this new Argosy?" well,true to form,i answered "I would take it down and trade it in on a new Mack" he gives me a REAL dirty look,and is making the "cut signal" under his throat,needless to say,i did'nt win the truck! but all the other people in line got a good laugh!................................Mark
  • Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

had a cruiseliner sleeper years ago,,,was the best money maker i ever had,,,was a real good truck..im still sorry i traded it,,,and that was 23 years ago.lol...kinda miss the the ole cabover days,,,spent about 8 years in them...bob

post-1613-0-25432800-1349638822_thumb.jp

I seen a transtar this week myself... 318 detroit, reyco suspension. Guy said he drove it from Florida up to Chattanooga where i saw it

post-1613-0-17975500-1349638905_thumb.jp

And here's one of the Argosy's my boss just bought, i drove this truck with another fellar down to Texas

• Like 1

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

Reminds me of the one I drove for H.H. Moore. This was a '74 4070A model with a VT903, yours looks like it might be an even older CO4000.

This was taken at the old Ponderosa Truckstop in Clifton Forge,Va. All I did with this truck was haul wood chips from Dillwyn to Covington. I liked this truck, and as wonderful as it looked in this picture it was pretty much worn out when I drove it. Got a '77 F-model Mack after this truck.