Cleaning Out the Shed

other dog

I was looking for my lug wrench in the shed this morning. I was digging and looking with a flashlight...knew it was in there somewhere, but I couldn't find it. After hauling out half the crap in there and putting it in the yard, I decided I should just clean the whole thing out. It was packed so full you couldn't get in it without climbing over stuff. Wasn't long before I wished i'd never started the project, but it had to be done. Now of course i'm glad I got it done- lots of room now!

Should have taken a "before" picture though.

Found this in the bottom of a box. We had a driver at H.H.Moore's that was bitten in the heel by a brown recluse spider. His CB handle was Macho Man.This was probably 15 years ago or so. By the time they figured out what it was, he ended up losing his leg just below his knee. He couldn't work, so I made 2 kettles of stew and sold it in Appomattox and at our company safety meeting. This is one of the flyers I wrote that my son Morgan printed for me, even has pictures of the stew pot on it.

Found a helmet too.

Got a trash bag full of these Darrell Waltrip Tide boxes. I started to put all of them in the burn barrel but changed my mind- maybe they're worth something to somebody.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Were you thinking that WAS the before picture too? lol!........................Mark

Ha-ha...that's real funny...yeah, it's still needs work, but you really should have seen it before I started, you literally could not get in it. I had to climb over stuff to get to that tool box back there, and you couldn't see the floor anywhere.

I'd like to find a 20' container to store stuff in, preferably a green one so nobody would notice it.

Ha-ha...that's real funny...yeah, it's still needs work, but you really should have seen it before I started, you literally could not get in it. I had to climb over stuff to get to that tool box back there, and you couldn't see the floor anywhere.

I'd like to find a 20' container to store stuff in, preferably a green one so nobody would notice it.

At least it's a good clutter. I dug a bunch of containers out of our attic last night and learned that my Daughters have a herd of about 500+ stuffed animals. I guess I won't be having an " Awesome! I was wondering what happened to that!" moment.

Jim

looks like my shed,,,paid 200 bucks for it at home depot,,,and musta took me a whole week to put it up,,,775 screws,,man what a ballbuster,,,mines fulla mower parts with a slight walkway...bob

That's about what I figured Bob, I was just slightly off on the screws. Jo said "why don't you get another shed?". I said "well, I should, they're not too expensive- but I bet it takes 10,000 screws to put that sumbitch together!"

That's about what I figured Bob, I was just slightly off on the screws. Jo said "why don't you get another shed?". I said "well, I should, they're not too expensive- but I bet it takes 10,000 screws to put that sumbitch together!"

oh,,,i tell you what,man never again,,,around here,,,mayflower movers,used to give away 8 by 4 storage crates,,,thier perfect for storage,,,got a couple back in the ninty,s...been meaning to go up there,,,and see if they still offer them...a buddy of mine...put 2 together...and made a nice little workshop for his triumph bike...and built some nice neat work benches in it....even if they charge a little,,,better than all those bolts...lol....i would also like to buy a container,,,but the way my yard is set up,,,it would be alittle awkward...and by the way welcome home,,,tom,,,im starting my weekend,,,and free food tonite...brotherinlaw is the manager of a buffet here in reno,,,was supposed to put brakes in my wifes pickup...but i squeezed out,and put it off till next weekend.lol.have a swing time,,,talk at ya later...bob
  • Like 1

When I bought my house, I thought the 27' x 34' garage would be big enough. I can barely fit my motorcycle in there now. When I bought my new air compressor, I moved some stuff from the garage over to the house next door (that I WAS planning on tearing down) to make room....now that house is "storage" and is filling up.

I don't know what's worse...to have all the storage space you could ever want and never need to get rid of anything....

....or to not have ANY room to store stuff so that you'd be FORCED to only keep what you use on a regular basis.

When I didn't have room to keep anything, I always would get pissed because I was re-buying something that I had once had & got rid of because I didn't have anywhere to keep it......and now that I've got room to store stuff, I STILL end up rebuying stuff when I need it because I can't remember what I did with it since the last time I used it...

I hate stuff. :angry:

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

When I bought my house, I thought the 27' x 34' garage would be big enough. I can barely fit my motorcycle in there now. When I bought my new air compressor, I moved some stuff from the garage over to the house next door (that I WAS planning on tearing down) to make room....now that house is "storage" and is filling up.

I don't know what's worse...to have all the storage space you could ever want and never need to get rid of anything....

....or to not have ANY room to store stuff so that you'd be FORCED to only keep what you use on a regular basis.

When I didn't have room to keep anything, I always would get pissed because I was re-buying something that I had once had & got rid of because I didn't have anywhere to keep it......and now that I've got room to store stuff, I STILL end up rebuying stuff when I need it because I can't remember what I did with it since the last time I used it...

I hate stuff. :angry:

ya,,,i hear ya,,,especially with bolts,,,that i know i have but cant find them.lol.bob

You guys are preaching to the choir! I have duplicates and triplicates of tools, parts, etc. and can't find most of the stuff! But remember one thing - as long as the wife's vehicle fits inside the garage, no problem!

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

• 2 weeks later...

One day I came to the solution of If I have something but haven't a mind of where it locates that is the same as I have it not.

Since it I'm fighting strongly shed content. Content mostly wins.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012