Drop Deck Ramps

tkobes43

Drop deck that i have doesnt have rear loading ramps. Just air operated ramps to get above the 5th wheel. Yes I've looked on Discount ramps and i do not have an extra 4000 dollars lying around.

was hoping someone had a used set they aren't using i could buy.

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

Discount ramps used to make some for another company to sell under their name and they marked them up about 20% but they were identical, they have the best prices I have seen anywhere and they make a quality product just make sure you get enough ramp dont buy a 5000lb ramp for a 10000lb job aluminum doesnt bend like steel it just breaks especially in winter.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Drop deck that i have doesnt have rear loading ramps. Just air operated ramps to get above the 5th wheel. Yes I've looked on Discount ramps and i do not have an extra 4000 dollars lying around.

was hoping someone had a used set they aren't using i could buy.

Tom

$2300 for the 20,000lb ramp kit. The 10,000lb kit is $2,050 so for the couple extra bucks it makes more sense to get the higher rated ramp system. Plus once you buy it, its yours. If you get a newer trailer down the road, you take these with you.

You can probably talk to a metal shop who can build you a set of steel ramps for less money but they will be heavy as hell.

$2300 for the 20,000lb ramp kit. The 10,000lb kit is $2,050 so for the couple extra bucks it makes more sense to get the higher rated ramp system. Plus once you buy it, its yours. If you get a newer trailer down the road, you take these with you.

You can probably talk to a metal shop who can build you a set of steel ramps for less money but they will be heavy as hell.

Yea im already talking to my buddy whose gonna do that for me. My gooseneck had steel ramps and they where only 6 or 7 feet long. and they where insanely heavy. I really don't want to be lugging around those ramps all day. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

Tom

• Like 1

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

Good suggestion David. Here is the contact number for Adelman's; Canton, OH 800.643.2001.

www.adelmans.com

they've got lots of stuff there all right. I went off-roading, out of route, through the briars, through the brambles, and had to turn around in a field to get a picture of that IH Paystar in W.V. that I thought was so rare that time, then I passed by Adelman's one day and they had a small fleet of Paystars lined up in there.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Yea im already talking to my buddy whose gonna do that for me. My gooseneck had steel ramps and they where only 6 or 7 feet long. and they where insanely heavy. I really don't want to be lugging around those ramps all day. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

Tom

You are going to need a ramp a lot longer then 6-7 feet. Figure if you want to haul cars, trucks, rigs etc you need something at least 14'. Here is a calculator: http://www.discountramps.com/ramp-calculator.htm#div5

Figure long cars and trucks 4x2 are low as well as equipment like larger rigs and equipment into the equation. I put in 180" WB at 8" of ground clearance and. 36" deck height and got 14' min length. Discount ramps offers financing as well. The nice thing sbout a step deck is its versatility. You don't want to have to pass on loads because your ramps are too small and you can't load it.

Penny saved pound foolish.

you wont be able to pick up the home built steel ramps, I have a set for a car trailer here that are wayyy to heavy but the longer ramps seemed like a great idea at the time, I second the Discount Ramps financing idea I have had to do things like that before and you will be a lot better off in the long run for sure I would go with the 4 piece 16' set with the pedestals for the center theyt double as load levelers and if you are loading a tractor or anything short or good clearance you can just use two.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

http://www.discountramps.com/step-deck-load-leveler-ramps.htm

look at the 18" wide 2 bunk kit 4th down it is the one I would be after you get your ramps and load levelers all in one.