Looks like pic #2 has a bit of exhaust leak about mid muffler!! Sweet pics Mark!

Tom

Thanks Tom,just noticed that myself! pretty rare sleeper on that LT,an "Aero-Liner" all aluminum i believe.Those LT pictures were taken in 1955,so the Chevy in picture 3 would have been brand new!..............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

attachicon.gifIMG_0356.JPGNeat!! Rare to see steel wheels on the front axle of an LT too!! Here is an Aeroliner sleeper I just "restored' for my off brand KW.

Very neat looking truck! i like the color combination,looks very "old school" when i was a teenager,our local dirtrack had a needlenose KW water truck i got to run a few times 262 Cummins (i think) and a 5X4,it was beat to death,but a neat old truck nonetheless!...............Mark

Like the GMC tow truck with the Grey Dog on the hook. I rode those Scenic Crusiers during college.

I like that one too! thats a pretty stout looking wrecker,i never got to ride in a Senic Cruiser,but a friend of my had one he was going to convert into a camper,but failing health and lack of money caused him to sell it. It was a neat piece,it had been converted to a 12-V 71N green leaker with an Allison automatic.....................................Mark

I enjoyed farmer52's post about old gas stations,so i did a little looking on the interweb,to see if i could find some similar old pictures with trucks........here are a few of the ones i've found so far.........................Mark

Mark,

There was one of those long nose Jimmy's on truck paper all redone, the guy wanted a lot of $$ for it, but it looked real nice!!

BULLHUSK

PS I was at Mastories in Bordentown again today!! Weight Watchers tomorrow!! LOL

Neat stuff, I'm shure most real truckers enjoy pedigreed old iron!

Mackdaddy, is that nice restored olive KW from your collection?

I like front fenders' form - reminds me Mack L's style.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I like that one too! thats a pretty stout looking wrecker,i never got to ride in a Senic Cruiser,but a friend of my had one he was going to convert into a camper,but failing health and lack of money caused him to sell it. It was a neat piece,it had been converted to a 12-V 71N green leaker with an Allison automatic.....................................Mark

All the Scenic Cruisers I rode had manual transmissions. If I remember correctly they were 4 speeds. I liked to sit behind the driver or the right front seat and watch how he drove/shifted the bus. At one time I wanted to be a Grey Dog driver.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

All the Scenic Cruisers I rode had manual transmissions. If I remember correctly they were 4 speeds. I liked to sit behind the driver or the right front seat and watch how he drove/shifted the bus. At one time I wanted to be a Grey Dog driver.

This one had been a four speed,IIRC it was sent out by Greyhound for conversion before they retired them ( engine,trans. etc.) i wish i could remember,but i think it originally had 2 V-6 detroits in line? it was a very early production model,and i was told they were very problematic,next time i talk to my friend,i'll ask him more about it............................Mark

my pop drove for them,46-49,,still got his old safety pins somewhere,,,used to be a classy operation,,,i suppose it still is,,,but they broke the union years ago,,,and like everything else they lost allot of thier perks.bob