Pictures of the Week

other dog

Nice job securing those coils! Alot of guys don't chain them that well.

Thank you very much indeed- those coils weighed 19,000+ lbs. each, so I used 3 chains. The 5 coil load weighed 46,000+, I criss-crossed 2 chains in the front coil, then put a chain and a strap through the rest of them. Better to have a chain too many than not enough chains I always say. The strap is kind of redundant on the 5 coil load, you can't haul steel with straps, but it's an extra tie down and it only takes a minute to throw a strap through them.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

...and there was this girl in West Virginia that jumped on the truck and started cleaning the windshield- I told her to pound sand. She put a big, nasty loogie on the window

Fixed it for ya

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Beautiful scenery. The snow looks great from a distance.

Were those first coils picked up at Value Added Processing? Looks like a much needed bridge is under construction to make the trip between Route 30 and Keystone Commons a bit easier. Assuming the layout hasn't changed, there should be a driveway located behind where you were standing when you took the bridge pic which will take you back to the gate. The building that driveway runs along side of was the filming location of the infamous pit scene is "The Silence of the Lambs".

You must've driven past my Uncle's house on Route 30 in Laughlintown. The first major eastbound climb begins in front of his house.

It would be a mighty cold day before I let that Winfall barber near me with a sharp object, such as a pair of scissors or a glass cutters.

Those window-cleaning transients use dirty rags and your windshield ends up worse than it was. You did the right thing.

Jim

I used to drag race across the Westinghouse Bridge in my former pre children life. I put some flooring in Keystone Commons right after RIDC took it over, that place is immense! We took our one ton extended van up the freight elevator and drove it to a job on the second story. You shoulda seen the 30 yard roll off boxes full of copper that the demo contractor hauled off, cha-ching! They sold all of the gantry cranes in one building to China, and one guy working for the rigging company fell to his death while we were working in another building, that sucked. On route 30 , just up Electric avenue used to be Vincent's Pizza, best greasy pie ever!

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

Beautiful scenery. The snow looks great from a distance.

Were those first coils picked up at Value Added Processing? Looks like a much needed bridge is under construction to make the trip between Route 30 and Keystone Commons a bit easier. Assuming the layout hasn't changed, there should be a driveway located behind where you were standing when you took the bridge pic which will take you back to the gate. The building that driveway runs along side of was the filming location of the infamous pit scene is "The Silence of the Lambs".

You must've driven past my Uncle's house on Route 30 in Laughlintown. The first major eastbound climb begins in front of his house.

It would be a mighty cold day before I let that Winfall barber near me with a sharp object, such as a pair of scissors or a glass cutters.

Those window-cleaning transients use dirty rags and your windshield ends up worse than it was. You did the right thing.

yep, that's where it was- were you spying on me? They told Randy ( dispatcher Randy, not randyp ) to tell me to take 48 north to 130 west to get there, so that's what I did. I didn't know what the deal with the Westinghouse bridge was. We used to cross it when we loaded at Nextech in Keystone Commons years ago, this was the first time i'd been down in there for a long time.

First time i'd been all the way across 30 from Pittsburgh to Bedford in a long time too. That first mountain you pull must be 40 or 50 miles to the top.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Thanks alot Tom,

Pretty nice scenary with snowy rocks, road curves, accidents and the boobage of cource.

And the sign of yellow arches in Winfall is awesome!

Once I saw those scrap rusty coils I thought to myself it was the stuff I need here to fabricate sheet metal for my resto object. Rusty steel looks like it has an age after being sand blasted and painted. And no sheets of inch-sized thikness overhere :pat:

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I used to deliver to VAP 11-12 years ago. I figured that, at the very least, the name would've changed by now.

Pittsburgh to Bedford: beautiful drive if your nort pressed for time.

The Winfall McDonalds sign looks to be in pretty good shape for a restaurant that claims to have served billions of customers.

just ate there in reno saturday,,,but our signs arent so exciting,,,hahahahahahahahahaha...bob

I'll have to eat there on my vacation to Winfall.

Box Lunches only. . .

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE