I hate when this happens!

I had to cross a spindly little county bridge with a 4 ton limit, if I remember correctly, the other day grossing 62,000 on my triaxle. Unfortunately, it was the only way into the farm headquarters I was delivering to. I'm about 99% sure that thing sagged in the middle after I crossed it. Definitely a ''pucker up'' moment.

Jake

One of the more interesting trips I had,local guy bought a pot load of bred cows at a farm sale in north central MO.They gave me directions, had 6 bridges to cross ranging from 10 to 17 ton weight limit.I got loaded and asked if there was a better way back to civilization,as I was going to be around 83k,"yeah,there's another way ot but there's some pretty small bridges to cross".

We were bringing salt to a town and there was entrance on top of the hill that went into were you had to dump and the transfer station well that gate closed at 5:00 so the directions said to go down the hill and take a left and then another left that went in to Public works but it also had us going over a 6 tn bridge with a 80,000 tractor and trailer but we made it over haha

Matt

Um it was 6 tons thats 12,000# so you are close anyway I'll guess your lw at 15000-17000, my 84 was 19 my 85 is 18800 and that's v8 trucks. And the comment about one axle on being half is right bridge law is per axle, hell I've run 74,000 on triaxle dumps over smaller bridges!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I cant find the pic but somewhere I have one of me crossing a wood bridge in a 74,000# triaxle. Other driver wanted photographic evidence of me falling in the creek but I made it over and only 3 boards broke, then they decided the other truck should come in thru the creek that's how I went out too.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

We had a loaded concrete mixer take the plunge through a 12K rated bridge to the bottom of the creek; about a forty foot fall. The driver wasn't hurt too badly, but it was a royal PIA to tote him up out of there.

The general comment by everyone on the scene was that loaded trucks had been crossing that bridge for years. So, even though you might make it once, every crossing is still a roll of the dice.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

ran in to that bridge thing in Denton Tx, this was my first truck when i got out of the Corp. it wasnt bad lust thought id take a pic crossing the bridge, the over head shot was in St. Louis. was in the hotel and there were a bunch of Austrailian truckers there, they all went and checked out the peterbilt {now i know why they were laughing} then they got me some tickets to the ball game that knight we all went to a Cardinals game.

post-2708-0-10709500-1366070240_thumb.jp