Will & Sonny

doubleclutchinweasel

if its the one with clint walker i havent seen it in like 30 years.and yes me too,,,,was pissing myself over all that shit as a teenager,,,still do,,hardly any cool shows nowdays.....bob

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Ron,

Don't remember the episode myself,but I'd sure like to get their secrets so I could fix my old Schwitzer! LOL!! That thing looked like someone held a screwdriver on the intake side while it running! :thumbsdown: Al

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I remember one episode that they took the fuel soleniod so it wouldn't start. That is when they showed it being a V8. It was "stowaway", where he delivered to a prison and a convict got in his truck to escape. Another one was when they got hooked up with some bad guys robbing a little store. They were broke down?

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Used to always crack me up when they'd drop their trailer, trailer stayed perfectly still, never shook, dropped lower or anything!

Must have been one helluva set of landing gear!

I remember one episode in particular, don't remember the details of the plot, but someone sabotaged their tractor by breaking some of the fins off the compressor wheel

in the turbo.

Couldn't keep these guys down, Will and Sonny welded them back on!

Amazing what they can do in Hollywood!

Anybody else remember this episode?

Ron

I was JUST thinking about that episode!

Sonny claimed that the truck would not start. So, he and Will took the turbo off, pretending to try to find the problem. Then, they broke one vane off the impeller, to show there was a problem. Apparently, truck hi-jackers have no mechanical savvy!

Then, Sonny (I believe) pretended to have difficulty holding the piece in place to weld it back on, and asked his captor to help him hold it still. When the bad guy came over to help him, he got wallopped!

I had to call B.S. on the welding of the impeller...and I was like 12 or 13 at the time! I remembered wondering if anybody was really that gullible! :icon_bs:

Oh...memories...

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

Come on,if Macgyver can weld a connecting rod together with a couple quarters and a set of jumper cables.................... If I recall he was fixing a generator that was "rattl'n". He said, rod must be broke. He tears it apart, welds it and fires it back up and it just purrs.

Of it the A team can have a shoot out with machine guns and NO ONE gets hit?............

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

It always amazed me as a youngster how they would show Will or Sonny driving the truck (with BOTH hands planted firmly on the wheel) and the soundtrack/background would be the sound of changing gears!.............Overdrive Retro re-ran a story from 1974 on the show and interviewed Claude Akins about trucking and truckdrivers..........and as far as I can tell, there are two schools of thought on what ACTUALLY powered their KW! first story says the original W-925 was a VT- 9-0-nuthin' (my Dads favorite description) (903) Cummins in the pilot episode,and when the show was "picked up" the upgraded W-925 a V.I.T was an NTC-350 Cummins...............................Mark

post-5836-0-55428000-1389907368_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-24109400-1389907381.jpg

• Like 2

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

as if Bj and the bear was not bad enough, they had to do that spin off crap with sheriff Lobo having his own show,ugh! and I only got to watch the reruns. was more of a Chips, Rockford Files, A team and Simon and Simon Dukes of Hazzard guy myself. even tho I was bout 3 when most of those shows were on for real, got to watch all the reruns after.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

as if Bj and the bear was not bad enough, they had to do that spin off crap with sheriff Lobo having his own show,ugh! and I only got to watch the reruns. was more of a Chips, Rockford Files, A team and Simon and Simon Dukes of Hazzard guy myself. even tho I was bout 3 when most of those shows were on for real, got to watch all the reruns after.

Jim Rockford! Oh, yeah! One of my favorite series. Hey, Jim's dad, Rocky, was a retired trucker! Couldn't be all bad.

Even tolerated the one where the equipment thieves were stealing the "D8 Cat"...which looked more like a 450 John Deere, or something.

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

And, of course, there was always T.J. Hooker holding on to the hood of the car! That's about as bad as it gets!

There was also Starsky and Hutch and their gutless Grand Torino.

Vanishing Point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA4ymmXa8rs

but at the end it was a Camaro that crashed into the CATs.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

It always amazed me as a youngster how they would show Will or Sonny driving the truck (with BOTH hands planted firmly on the wheel) and the soundtrack/background would be the sound of changing gears!.............Overdrive Retro re-ran a story from 1974 on the show and interviewed Claude Akins about trucking and truckdrivers..........and as far as I can tell, there are two schools of thought on what ACTUALLY powered their KW! first story says the original W-925 was a VT- 9-0-nuthin' (my Dads favorite description) (903) Cummins in the pilot episode,and when the show was "picked up" the upgraded W-925 a V.I.T was an NTC-350 Cummins...............................Mark

Remember the movie Hijack with David Janssen and Kennan Wynn.

I remember at least one shot in that movie where David Janssen had both hands on the wheel, with the gloves with the strap and the little ball.

Shot was straight on from the front and that Freightliner shifted a gear plain as day!

I always figured Keenan Wynn shifted it!

The damn thing had two engines in it too.

One time you'd hear it it 'd be a Cummins, next time it sounded like a 318 Detroit!

Ron

Ron,

Hadn't seen that one in a long time. Watched it on YouTube last year. Again,some B.S. but what else would you expect from Hollyweird ? LOL! A bunch of good truck shots,though! Anybody remember the McCloud episode where he drove a 4070 cattle truck? Haven't seen that one in a long time. Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Remember the movie Hijack with David Janssen and Kennan Wynn.

I remember at least one shot in that movie where David Janssen had both hands on the wheel, with the gloves with the strap and the little ball.

Shot was straight on from the front and that Freightliner shifted a gear plain as day!

I always figured Keenan Wynn shifted it!

The damn thing had two engines in it too.

One time you'd hear it it 'd be a Cummins, next time it sounded like a 318 Detroit!

Ron

I noticed that too, the detroit and cummins sound. I ordered that movie last year from somewhere, maybe truckerflicks, because I hadn't seen it since I was a kid. I ordered 2 "Cannonball" dvd's too, from "robert's hard to find videos". I believe that was the name of it. Had 2 episodes on each DVD.

https://www.robertsvideos.com/browse.php3?All=&keywords=&NPAL=&MESECAM=&VHS=&DVD=&CDROM=&VHSEP=&VHSSP=&PAL=&SECAM=&MPAL=α=C&catid=&page=8&incr=1

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

• 3 weeks later...