Hot Rod Power Tour

farmer52

I am participating in the 2014 Hot Rod Power Tour in June. The tour starts in Charlotte, NC on June 7th. Some friends and I are driving from OH to Charlotte starting on Friday (6th). I am attending the first three (3) stops...Charlotte NC (7th), Knoxville TN (8th), and Charleston WV (9th). On Tuesday afternoon (9th) I will be driving to PA so I can get ready for Macungie. However the tour continues thru OH, IN, IA, and ends in WI. See link below.

http://www.familyevents.com/event/229

If you are close, there is no cost to view the vehicles. If you want to see alot of different vehicles, this is a great venue. Also, if you have a vehicle and want to participate, there is daily registration. Refer to link for details.

BTW, I am not driving the MH but my late brother's 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP.

post-3289-0-21215700-1401013184_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Have a blast. I'm registered for Drag Week with the Mustang starting at Tulsa on Sept 7. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Probably no Drag Week. It's limited to 260 entrants processed payments. I'm number 297. Hot Rod says to come anyhow because some people don't show up. I don't think I'll be driving over 1400 miles to Tulsa, Oklahoma on a maybe. I'll be looking for your car on HRTV. . .put a bull dog on it to be seem :)

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Where are you guys gonna be at in knoxville? If I get a chance I will run down there and check it out.

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

Always wanted to do one of the hot rod tours. Just never had the disposable income that one of my hot rods would eat up in fuel!! They do look like fun. Like Bob...it's on my bucket list.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Knoxville is Chillhowee Park. Hours are 12N to 7p.

This is my third tour. Lots of fun if you caravan with a group....lots of different and interesting vehicles.

You can view each day's highlights at the Hot Rod website.

Ken

Always wanted to do one of the hot rod tours. Just never had the disposable income that one of my hot rods would eat up in fuel!! They do look like fun. Like Bob...it's on my bucket list.

After being sick in Ohio and the adventure afterwards, my wife told me to start doing my bucket list. Last thing on my list we did was Route 66 in our 1941 Chevy in 1989, than we kept putting things off for later on. After the Ohio trip later on is now. Paul

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

ya,,,,was poking around internet for pensacola race schedule,,,and come to find out,,,they just closed it in january.....(AINT THAT A BITCH)...we,ll have to try orlando,,cause the old lady wants to go to disneyworld...bob

Day 1 - Charlotte ZMax Dragstrip

HOT! Must have been 100+ degrees on the pavement. Lots of nice very nice vehicles. Waited in line at least 1/2 hour to pickup registration packet. A few pics taken by my friend....

A few interesting rides parked next to my GTP

A cool Chebbie truck

Eyeing a potential purchase....1970 Chyrsler 300 Convertible with 440

Some eye candy for the Farmer.... :banana:

post-3289-0-65245300-1402189779_thumb.jp

post-3289-0-43923300-1402190055_thumb.jp

post-3289-0-66079600-1402190097_thumb.jp

post-3289-0-39904600-1402190132_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Ken

Can't be too painless. . .she appears to be able to talk. :)

Nice Chrysler Convert!! Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

I am back from the HR tour. I have not been on the interweb since Saturday night. Guessing at least 1000-2000 cars each day. Knoxville, TN had a very nice show grounds and seemed well prepared to handle all the cars and crowd. Charlotte was a "cluster" in my book (only 3 food stands and they were out of food by 2pm) and Charleston, WV was not much better. I took over 200 pics and my friend took about 100. As soon as I can get them organized and uploaded to Photobucket, I will post a link.

Stay tuned!

P.S. Found some eye candy at the Gunk display today! :twothumbsup:

P.S. 2 - Staxx, did not read your post until tonight. Sorry or I would have tried to locate your friend.

Ken

Well? Did you buy the rag top ?????

P.T.CHESHIRE

No....did not buy anything, not even a cap or shirt. But I have some ideas for the D150 - lower and put 20" wheels on it. :D

I'll send you a chandelier or a disco ball for it. :)

P.T.CHESHIRE

Hey farmer does the gtp have little grand prix mud flaps

No, there are no flaps. By the design of the side skirts behind the front and rear wheels, I don't think one could install flaps. I searched the interweb and never found "moulded" flaps for the GTP.

Ken