2005 CHN613 ASET 427 power/torque/boost loss PLEASE HELP

TorresTransport

Here's some pics of the truck in our shop.

VGTFILTER.thumb.jpg.24483df65953a020bef58afb5a265726.jpgVGTFILTERPOINT.thumb.jpg.5094d4c8e0e245c1013cb53b47580b60.jpg

The housing my sausage finger is pointing to is the VGT filter base. Filter is upside down underneath. 

EDIT: Feel like I need to clarify my finger doesn't look like this, my camera made it look worse than reality lol. 

Edited by The Heinz
Clarification

Oh yea it’s been deleted man for sure I followed the line out of valve in the diagram i recieved and the line that is supposed to go to the vgt has been rerouted down the frame rail towards bed and can’t tell where it goes without cuttin700 zip ties and swallowing a lb of dirt but I doubt they moved the valveIMG_5344.thumb.jpeg.dce8403b1fcf0320c328bdbe51119a98.jpeg to the back I took an oil filter off didn’t see anything but I probably took the wrong one off my luck line I’m talking about is an air line coming from that valve with the silver a cylinder on top on it it loops around fours to a skinny lookin valve then takes off under truck to the back that line in the pic

So let’s assume this filter isn’t on the truck what now I’m gona look again but 

there is absolutely no airline running down behind the oil filters and from the diagram I thought that that line that it is running out of that valve that I sent the picture of I don’t know what it’s called. It was supposed to run down to the filter and I followed it and it’s the one that goes to the back, 

So you have air to the turbo?

you said you cracked that line?sorry  don’t want to keep beating a dead dog here you need to confirm it’s stroking correctly! Also when you start the engine in the morning no air in the system you should hear a change in the sound when your air pressure gets around 70 psi  it will start to sound like Kirby vacuum cleaner at that point if it doesn’t then the egr valve is stuck open or the turbo is not working right! That could be the contoler  or the turbo  itself! With out checking we can’t help! I

we are not there we are here we can only tell you what to look for!

• Like 1

did you lay under the driver side and look up to see the filter and controller? it is low on the engine, right in front of the starter..  

FJH?/ I wonder if he can remove the VGT air cylider and lock the turbo vanes in the open position, then just watch the boost gauge.  also woder if there is a 35 PSI relief valve that can be screwed into the intake manifold to act as a waste gate??  

fellas I’m paying very close attention to everything your telling me plse don’t think ill of me I just don’t know these motors I’m really giving it All I have I’m goin up now my wife just got home I’m gona have he watch the waste gate and see if ifs stroking.. the sound Change does happen but also happen when im driving it sometimes it will be real low sounding like it’s bubbling then go the Kirby sound.. I did not even see a place where that filter would have been if it had been there I spent 45 min looking at the oil filter ecm and that whole side of the motor 

Buddy,,, I/We totaly understand, actually I feel safe speaking for the other guys on this..  You are doing just fine..  I wish I had a truck here to take a picture and text it to you..  Take a break and grab a beer,..  Jojo

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

FJH?/ I wonder if he can remove the VGT air cylider and lock the turbo vanes in the open position, then just watch the boost gauge.  also woder if there is a 35 PSI relief valve that can be screwed into the intake manifold to act as a waste gate??  

Sounds like there’s No boost gauge working blind here!

• Like 1