White Road Boss

vision386

Coming out very nicely! I drove one of those for Grummans Aerospace, was a lot more comfortable than their Astros. Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Thank you all for the comments,something I have always enjoyed doing,just damn hard to find the time,spend more time in and working on the "real" truck then anything else! Been building models since I was 10-11 years old (still have most of them) so many new things nowadays,tools supplies,techiques etc. come a long way from the old "Mom & Pop" hobby shops (which I miss) First truck I ever built was the AMT "California Hauler" 359 conventional,but I guess nostalgia has something to do with it,cause they are now re-releasing all the old truck kits again,gonna try and do as many as I can,now that I have some degree of skill I lacked as a boy! Lol!........................................Mark

Very nice work, like the paint job, of the big 4 the White Road Boss and the White Western Star had the better paint schemes and levels of interior trim. Like you and others I have quite a few kits and cab conversions, that I hope to get to. If I remember only one or two of the AMT 1/25 kits had 22" tires.

FW

• Like 1

Lol! not even CLOSE! never had this one as a kid,pretty hard to find nowadays,there is a transkit in resin now to build the correct RL,but it ain't cheap either! made by my friend Dave Natale up in Egg Harbor,NJ.......................................Mark

post-5836-0-33572900-1419477770.png

• Like 2

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Lol! not even CLOSE! never had this one as a kid,pretty hard to find nowadays,there is a transkit in resin now to build the correct RL,but it ain't cheap either! made by my friend Dave Natale up in Egg Harbor,NJ.......................................Mark

Dave has beautiful kits. I just got all my Christmas presents from him. Couple of cab conversions. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Paul,i have a few cab kits from Dave as well,i want to do his MB up in APA livery like the one I drove way back when! Going to use the AMT shorthauler Ford for the chassis,body and I know Jerry over at Modeltruckin.com has the decals...................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Mark I'm gonna tell Mrs.Vision that your getting glue all over her quilt block cutting board....don't ask me how I was able to recognize what one is

:whistling:I used to do a lot of models as a kid ......later I "overhauled" some to make what I wanted ,like the paystar 5000 log truck got turned in a off hwy. low boy tractor to haul my d8h the log gear went on the v12 ken worth to look like one we had in town. my pete 359 got the frame stretched to make room for the "custom 72" sleeper" and became a tri drive to boot. I guess I had to mechanic on every thing at that age!

• Like 1

I had a rubber duck model but don't remember which one? I know I pirated many parts to my r/c Moving On KW. I built most models from 10-15 years old so they weren't show winners. Wish I had the patience to build them now.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Mike,do you remember when ERTL tried to pass off the DM-600 for the RL-700L? these things are RARE now and expensive!......................................Mark

Yes I do,and you are right,it's unreal what those bring on Ebay. I was lucky enough to get Mikey one for cheap at a yard sale,he built it as a regular DM600 and took the Duck stuff and made a R model into a RD truck,didn't have the long hood but didn't turn out too bad

• Like 1

Yes I do,and you are right,it's unreal what those bring on Ebay. I was lucky enough to get Mikey one for cheap at a yard sale,he built it as a regular DM600 and took the Duck stuff and made a R model into a RD truck,didn't have the long hood but didn't turn out too bad

How about their Junk Yard Dog with the dented fiberglass? An other big dollar e bay kit.

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

i think there was some legal issues with Amt vs Mack regarding the Junkyard dog kit. Mack was pissed that amt disgraced them like that and I think most of the kits were pulled from the market that's why they bring so much. it was the end of the line with Mack licensing anymore kits of Amt to do also I think. been wanting to buy one of those ''Angry Bird'' hood ornaments for years but they also seem to bring a high dollar.

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg