Ok lads not have much of a response here so I will stick up some picks of what I am chasing see if it can get anyones grey matter working for me scan0002_zps4206c192.jpg

ok on this first one I am after the front and back drip rail or gutter I have the two for each side and the roof I can see 60 in the picture but I reckon that is pointing to the back wall of the cab not the drip rail so I guess I am after some part numbers for the back and front drip rail

scan0001_zpsf86373f1.jpg

scan0003_zps483f40be.jpg

now in these next two after part number for 27 in the bottom picture now the fella in the spare parts department wasnt sure if 38 in the top picture was the same as 27 in the bottom picture

Also is 1 in the bottom picture the drip rail I didnt think so but the parts fella wasnt sure I reckon it belongs on the top of the window frame

anyway any help or pointers you all could give and some proper Mack part numbers so I can order parts would be appreciated

thanks fellas

Paul

Check out the breakdown here in the BMT wiki. It may help. Here are a couple of numbers I found. Not too sure on the back drip rail parts.

Double check so we are talking apples to apples.

2QR564 lower cowl

24RU514A drip ?

24RU515A drip ?

6QS554A upper drip panel front

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/tutorials/article/94-r-model-cab-parts-breakdown/

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

ok paul the cowl panel is in two parts ,there is the inner panel and a outter if the outside one is rusted you can be sure the inner is rooted as well ,the drip rails can only be fitted when replacing the roof panel as they are sandwiched between the roof and header and cant rails [front and side] .fyi you'll find 198 spotwelds in the roof. steve

thanks steve I was trying to ask the spare parts man in Townsville the other day and he didnt seem to no so before I order the parts I want to make sure I was getting the right parts I take it you have done one of these before

Theres not gunna be much of my original cab left well I guess there will be a bit but its a good truck and it has never let me down so I reckon I owe it at least a few panels

Paul

paul mate more than one, did my apprenticeship in a panel shop in the territory repairing these old girls so I know these pretty intimately plus doing rerails by myself. I have a new cowl and header panel sitting here in the shed ready for the next r797 rsx ex Gascoyne trader that my friend is restoring .if you need more info on how to do it give me a cooee and i'll talk you through it steve

thanks for that Steve I am not a panel beater by any stretch of the imagination but I have a mate back home who is he has being talking about coming and fixing the cab for years now I guess Im sick of waiting and will have a crack my self and hopefully wont make to much of a cock up of the whole show

I will let you all know how I go with Mack in the next day or so

Paul