Brand Loyalty

kscarbel2

Diesel News Australia / February 3, 2015

Truck brands inspire a peculiar loyalty among those which work with them. Many truckies have a favourite brand and model, if asked. Some of those involved in designing and building them also feel the same way. Here is one of the Mack enthusiasts involved in the development on the Mack Titan talking with love for the bulldog brand.

Mack seems to be one of those brands which engenders the most affection. Historically, the B models were an integral part of the explosion in the trucking industry from the late fifties through to the early seventies. Many of the iconic trucking companies we know today started out with those early Mack trucks. The Mack was also the go to truck for road trains as they developed and grew in our remote areas.

One of the modern enthusiasts for the Mack brand is Heavy Haulage Australia’s Jon Kelly, although his fleet does include a lot of Kenworths. Here is the latest version of the Titan at work in Western Australia:

Personally,i think Mack is more than just a truck,it's an American icon EVERYBODY knows what a Mack truck is! I don't think any truck maker has the following/history that Mack does. I guess I am guilty as charged with brand loyalty,i've owned 5 so far and driven many more..................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

The former Mack Trucks was an integral part of the fabric of American society. Mack Trucks was representive of the decades within which America was the world's leader in technological innovation. The United States, from the Empire State Building to the Boulder Dam, was built on the back of the Mack truck. Mack was the only truck brand known universally by woman and children from coast to coast.

However, this is all talk of an era gone by. Today, Mack is merely a nameplate affixed to a Volvo platform, which has zero connection with America's past.