Macks at Earlville

That B model Tanker sure brings back childhood memories. The Commander Oil Terminal in Oyster Bay has a few dozen B's as Semi's and Home delivery units. Thanks for posting. Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Mike,i see the blue RW and Cruiseliner lettered "Bisom Truck Lines" is that the same outfit that had that Burgundy B-Model in Overdrive years ago?.......................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Mike,i see the blue RW and Cruiseliner lettered "Bisom Truck Lines" is that the same outfit that had that Burgundy B-Model in Overdrive years ago?.......................................Mark

Yep,same one,they still have it.Just as nice and completely unchanged in appearance from way back then,they did pull the 711 and put in a 237 way back when it was still running the road daily.

• Like 1

The black B model with the integral sleeper was at the 2000 ATHS show in Valley Forge PA. My father got talking to the owner, Bill Abbott from Iowa, who said he was looking for a single axle tank trailer. My father mentioned one that a friend, Phil Mack, owned. They went to look at it and he bought it for $500. The B model had been hauled to the show on a step deck. They drove to Gilbertsville, hooked to the tanker and loaded the whole rig on the step deck using the dock at the local tractor dealer. There was a story about this in Double Clutch from back then. I will try to find it.

Bill sent pictures of the trailer in progress. He really put a lot of work into it. I had wanted to buy the trailer to pull behind my Fleetstar, but my father wouldn't hear of it. Mike

• Like 1