1984 MC686F

MissouriDreaming

9 minutes ago, MMOORE said:

Anybody know if this engine is still around. I used to be the captain of this station(Second Ward Hose Company in Clearfield Pa) and this was our rig. I’d love to see it again. 

Send the O.P. a private message. He may get an email notification that you sent him a message. He hasn't logged onto this site since September of 2015. Good luck.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/8/2015 at 1:41 PM, MissouriDreaming said:

I have a question on storage of an old truck. I know I must keep it out of the rain but how important is climate control? Right now I plan on storing this behind my shop under an RV cover, at least from April-Oct, and then indoors if I can find a place suitable.

If climate control is not a huge issue then I might just build a truckport behind the shop and park it under that. Anyone have any experience?

Gregg

INDOORS

And if storage falls below freezing, you absolutely, positively MUST MUST MUST winterize the pump. Get yourself an extra discharge cap, set it up in a drill press and drill a 1/2" hole through it, then tap and thread it to accept a threaded nipple. Then a quarter turn valve with a male air chuck. 

Open ALL discharges, intakes, pump and tank drains. Drive the truck around a few miles to slosh around any standing water. Get back to the shop, close everything. Put your modified cap on a discharge, and open that discharge valve, Hook up an air hose to the chuck, and using the quarter turn valve, let in small amounts of air at a time as you open each and every discharge and intake drain valves. This will push out any remaining standing water. 

When you are all done, leave every valve and drain open the duration of the winter storage. That way if there is still any standing water in it, it will have a place to go if it freezes and expands. 

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

NOTE: Not much air!!! No more than 5 or 10 psi at a time! It doesnt take much, Any more and you will blow out seals.

Also- you mentioned speaking with Waterous. If you give them the Pump and Transfer Case serial numbers, they will send you manuals and parts break downs FREE OF CHARGE. 

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS