B-73 Restoration

5 hours ago, yarnall said:

A while back I mentioned fenders in a barn. I now have them. I don’t know if they are the right style.  I can send you photos if you want. Mike 

Were those for 1961H67's L model he's working on?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2024 at 5:53 PM, The Rubber Duck 006 said:

Well that Qualifies for Agricultural Exemption!!!

Do you know where the rig like that they’re liable to pull him in just to look at it I got pulled over for speeding one time and I cleaned up 55 Belair and the copper just wanted to look the car over. He didn’t say anything at all about the overspeed We’re all cool friend take your time …. Bob

Years back, going to PA for a race, the scale house was open EB rt 80.  It says "all trucks", so I went in.  Empty place but he held me on the scales for a few minutes.  I assumed for a good look and maybe a picture?  Got the green and away I rolled.

Ohio changed their signs to "commercial trucks", so I roll by.

Makes you wonder, like that ol GMC hauling the two "coils"(at Macungie), would the creeper cops even consider it actually still working??  😆 

• Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I think we had those conversations before. I don’t think I would roll by without pulling in again we have antique.commercial plates here I don’t think I’ll ever have to worry about it, but you never know as I mentioned. I’ll be lucky to get my truck out of the yard … don’t think it will ever leave Reno…. Bob

They do have a big show in Plymouth California every year, but I can always dodge the truck scales 80 truckee going through Carson City and taking 50 out there… bob

On 6/30/2024 at 12:21 PM, mowerman said:

They do have a big show in Plymouth California every year, but I can always dodge the truck scales 80 truckee going through Carson City and taking 50 out there… bob

Got pulled over going down 80 coming home from the Reno show a few years ago. CHP couldn't understand how we could have a truck that big and not need CA and DOT numbers. Finally convinced him that the Antique plates don't require all that BS and he let us go. Claimed he worked in the scalehouse previously and had never heard of such a thing. Good thing he didn't look too close. Had a pretty good fuel leak at the throttle shaft on the Cummins. All depends on what side of the bed the officer got out of that day.

I used to have to pull into those scales every night for six years got pulled in a few times. I never really had any trouble with them, but I understand that scale can be a real pain in the ass. I don’t go that way anymore, but yes, California truck is clearly states, if you haven’t got company name and numbers on your door, it is not officially a commercial vehicle ha ha yes that fuel leak could’ve been a huge problem for you .. bob

• 3 weeks later...