B-73 Restoration

I don't think I'm going to do that. Over time it'll get used and would be much easier to touch up or respray if needed to keep up appearances with out the added expense of re-striping it.

• Like 1

Wow, excellent that looks real good.. missed the problem part somehow ….. I take both our everyday drivers to trusted shop here… anymore,,, not much we can do with the late model stuff and no time Bob 

21 hours ago, mattb73lt said:

I don't think I'm going to do that. Over time it'll get used and would be much easier to touch up or respray if needed to keep up appearances with out the added expense of re-striping it.

I wonder if thats why tilt trays have slots cut into trays to drop the chains into these days so the combing rail doesn't get knocked about ?

Paul

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Im gunna be bad and told to bugger off probably 

But I guess you shared the pictures of the proposed pin stripes to get some feed back or thoughts, so here goes my only comment 

I new a bloke who saddly is no longer with us that was a really well regarded sign writer in Australia 

Also the bloke that did my work had similar comments 

So these were about contrast and contrasting colours in stripes and paint work

So with this in mind I wonder if two gold stripes are the go ?

I'm thinking maybe a thick gold stripe and a possibly thin white stripe to add that contrast and make it pop

20240727_074311.thumb.jpg.bc786e7dc8e7750c247c721eb1a0434c.jpg

Contrasting colours make a big difference 

Anyway I'm not saying not to do something, or something is wrong with what your planning, just providing some thoughts 

A cracker of a build and gunna be a "CRACKER JACK", I love it

Paul

Paul, you may find it interesting that trucks from the New England area often have distinctive pin striping, and color combinations. The gold leaf edging off panels was always a popular layout , and subtle differnces in the corners and contours they followed made all the difference.  I doubt at this point anyone is around and able that ever did a truck that old, let alone it's not a typical B that there's lots of pictures to go from.  Lots of things can look fantastic (like the RW in the picture)  I think maybe Matt is trying to achive a certain look somewhat native to his location .  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Im gunna be bad and told to bugger off probably 

But I guess you shared the pictures of the proposed pin stripes to get some feed back or thoughts, so here goes my only comment 

I new a bloke who saddly is no longer with us that was a really well regarded sign writer in Australia 

Also the bloke that did my work had similar comments 

So these were about contrast and contrasting colours in stripes and paint work

So with this in mind I wonder if two gold stripes are the go ?

I'm thinking maybe a thick gold stripe and a possibly thin white stripe to add that contrast and make it pop

20240727_074311.thumb.jpg.bc786e7dc8e7750c247c721eb1a0434c.jpg

Contrasting colours make a big difference 

Anyway I'm not saying not to do something, or something is wrong with what your planning, just providing some thoughts 

A cracker of a build and gunna be a "CRACKER JACK", I love it

Paul

That thing looks terrific… bob

9 hours ago, Mark T said:

Paul, you may find it interesting that trucks from the New England area often have distinctive pin striping, and color combinations. The gold leaf edging off panels was always a popular layout , and subtle differnces in the corners and contours they followed made all the difference.  I doubt at this point anyone is around and able that ever did a truck that old, let alone it's not a typical B that there's lots of pictures to go from.  Lots of things can look fantastic (like the RW in the picture)  I think maybe Matt is trying to achive a certain look somewhat native to his location .  

It appears that every country and even different areas of countries had their own style 

Great information there Mark, thanks for sharing 

I reckon New Zealand had the best pin stripping and scroll work I have ever seen, they really had it going on

The modern scroll work in Australia is not to my taste at all, all big and crappy, the young blokes like it though 

20240728_074543.thumb.jpg.aaffe3fdc6fb612429ad51c652fb8f84.jpg20240728_074559.thumb.jpg.8277697fc575eb7bc3495a8124a00d4f.jpg20240728_074630.thumb.jpg.c21e94092113ee0c007bf8da059545f1.jpg

I guess it is each to their own and the younger generation need to make their own foor print on the world 

no mattee, these are some schmick looking trucks and not just plain white 

I'll shut up now, white frost and very cold in this part of Australia this morning brrrr

Paul

• Like 2

I really like the green one over here. The younger generation just buys plain white,Volvo and freight liner Nobody really does anything interesting except for cattle and hay wagons at least around here…. Bob

Matt Im sure it will be fine 

There are so many different ideas and styles 

There's no wrong or right answer here

The only vinyle on my truck is my name, I wasn't sure I would like it as it's a bit different 

I'll get it done in paint one day as I'm more than happy with it

It costs a bit to get done, but I feel it is worth as it really finishes a truck off and gives it that final personal touch

Anyway thats my thoughts

Good luck with it all, not that you'll need any

Paul

• Like 1

I love the “ New England “ look, I never saw that growing up down here, I remember a few artists that we would use years ago, but mostly they just did door letters. My first trip to Macungie years ago was it first time I really got to see that look in person. 

• Like 2

Oh hell, I must’ve missed something. I thought it was already done. and yes, I’m right on the same page with the overdoing or underdoing. I do like the idea of the green and yellow combo stripes. Good luck, Matt.

Almost seems like there should be something with the  corners (like instead of just a plain right angle ?)  Personally, I like the fenders with the little thingy over the wheel center. a small one of those over each headlight ?? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mark T said:

Almost seems like there should be something with the  corners (like instead of just a plain right angle ?)  Personally, I like the fenders with the little thingy over the wheel center. a small one of those over each headlight ?? 

I was back and forth on that, too. But it seemed simpler and more straight forward with the right angles. The first draft had radius' in each corner of the lower door panel.

2FD88EA2-8F6E-43EE-850B-B9CA03AB7C2A_1_105_c.jpeg

• Like 1

I've seen some kind of small inverted (?) squares at corners.  Personally, I  think one line at crease on the hood at the top with a feathery thingy at each end . The hood's already busy with the script and mouldings. 

• Like 2

ideas are endless ; it all comes down to what You prefer.  talked to Rocky today ; he had nothing but positive and praise for You. the '73 will be great/ wonderful/positive and so much more no matter what,

• Like 1
  • Like 1