Frustrating night...

RowdyRebel

interesting matter lol....reminds me of alotta shit i do around here....creative what else you gonna do,,,and it seems everytime i buy a universal anything,,,,i get every assortment,,cept the one i need and have to make another 5 mile trip for a 38 cent piece.lol.bob

• Like 1

interesting matter lol....reminds me of alotta shit i do around here....creative what else you gonna do,,,and it seems everytime i buy a universal anything,,,,i get every assortment,,cept the one i need and have to make another 5 mile trip for a 38 cent piece.lol.bob

bob did`nt truckers marry all the 38 cent pieces there in nevada? :)

I wanna throw all the crap I have laying around on the bench, under the bench, on the floor, etc. BUT.....it always comes in handy, just like at this kinda moment. When all the stores are closed and you need to get something together. Ugh.

And yes, part store "counter people" are not like they used to be. Few good ones left(that I know personally).

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I stopped by Advance Auto (where I bought the radiator) and had a little chat with the guy who sold me the part. He knows me well, as that's where I picked up most of the parts & pieces for the 1990 GMC Suburban 3/4 ton 4x4 I bought for the wife that had been sitting for 9+ years. Anyway, I told him what had happened and during the course of the conversation I mentioned he ought to call the supplier and tell them he had an "irate customer chew him a new ass hole because the 'universal' radiator they said would fit didn't have the proper fittings for his vehicle". He even stepped outside to view my work, saying it was a damn good idea because people pay $200 for those cooling system pressurization pumps to check for leaks...and now I can use any bicycle pump. Anyway, it was good for a laugh.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I guess time will tell on that. If it leaks, I'll replace it with a plug. It does have a metal valve cap with a rubber seal, so that should prevent any leaks even if the valve wants to. Hell, the valve was previously used to check line pressure on my air tank when I was using a regulator...so it's used to being operated anywhere from 15 psi to 155 psi. The cooling system is only going to make 15-17 psi, and the valve is at the top of the tank...about 2-3" below the overflow relief, so even if it DOES leak, we're not looking at catastrophic failure of the truck that'll leave me on the side of the road. Won't be as bad as the OLD radiator was, anyway...

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I think I'll start working on the old 8N this weekend. Hasn't run in probably 15 years. Change the oil & put fresh gas in it, new points, etc...try to get 'er running. Going to be getting a brush hog & finishing mower for it in a week or two from the place she's got her horses boarded...old equipment he's needing to part with to clear out a stall for a new boarder coming next month. Can't justify the expense of the new rims, inner tubes, and getting them liquid filled (it has a front end loader) until it is running. And since I don't have any containers to put what I drain out into anymore, it can sit in the drain pans in the garage until I make some new empties. Perhaps her tripping over them and making a mess will drive home my point about the jugs more than any words that could come out of my mouth. She's just a clean-freak...clutter-phobic and such.