Importance of having a dash cam

mcfibb

I drove for 2 companies that use drivecam. Both would use it a a tool for punishing drivers. Telling you your following too close, or going to fast for the curve, or drinking a coffee... I always hated it. Until one morning after loading a trailer full of LPG and heading out and a car goes right through a stop sign and we collide. I was able to veer to the oncoming lane so it was a glancing blow and nobody was hurt but the damage was done. I am now a firm believer in drivecam! It showed the whole event, and I was in the clear.

There are a lot of liars out there and drivecam is a cheap and easy insurance.

• Like 2

They must have really wanted to avoid that exit only lane. Holy crap! Had that been the old days when bumpers were higher, he would have been a pizza in a little red pizza box. CRUNCH! I have to wonder what the hell they were doing to wind up making that move...Must have crapped an egg roll on that one!

Our local freight drivers tell me about their cab cameras. They aren't suppose to smoke in the truck. The one driver is a old timer and just flicks the camera the finger and lights up. Never been bothered or written up.

They are a good thing anymore, but I don't think they need to be pointed at the driver(yet).

Makes you wonder how much they WEREN'T paying attention to drive into the front of a semi just out their side window?

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"