EZ Oil Drain valve

kscarbel2

Looks a lot like a Fumoto Drain Valve. I have them on almost everything I own.

You're exactly right. When the concept first came out (way back when), I was buying the Fumoto version (http://www.fumotousa.com/). They were the first. 100 percent trouble-free. I see a wide range of the Fumoto drain valves are on Amazon.

• 5 months later...

Fumoto releases next generation SX-series

Fleet Owner  /  May 242, 2016

Meet the next generation of Fumoto. The new, patent pending Fumoto SX-series comprises two distinct yet fully integrated parts: the through bolt and oil-flow control body.

According to the company, the SX can rotate 360° which allows orientation to achieve a smaller profile and protection. “The unique through bolt design can be tightened independent of the valve body, allowing for a simple installation that easily avoids obstructions,” the company said.

Also new, the ergonomic control lever makes the valve easier to operate, even in tight spaces. It features the same tried and true secure locking mechanism as our original valves, but now remains parallel to the body in the closed position for a reduced profile.

“The versatility of the SX-series valve also allows installation without an adapter on some cars and trucks that may have previously required one, and with the new SX valves larger body, its quad channels allow for better flow rates and an even faster oil change for some models,” according to Fumoto.

image 1.jpg

EZ Oil Drain Valves for Thermo King & Carrier Reefers

Fleet Owner  /  May 31, 2016

The EZ Oil Drain Valve is now available for Thermo King and Carrier Reefers designed for faster and simpler oil changes, the company announced.

According to the company, with the EZ Oil Drain Valve, a hose can be attached to the valve using optional hose ends for easy draining from the elevated engine units on reefers. This can prevent spills and reduce messes and requires no special tools with its hand-operated lever.

EZ Oil Drain Valves feature a ball valve mechanism to prevent leaks and are nickel plated for durability. The valve uses a reinforced plastic handle cover for simple open and close operation, an O-ring seal for improved sealing ability, and has the ability to connect hoses for optional hose ends.

According to the company, EZ Oil Drain Valve features include:

• Ball Valve Mechanism for leak-proof operation.
  • Nickel Plated for extra protection
  • O-ring seal for improved sealing ability
  • Reinforced plastic handle cover for easy open/close
  • Easy Hose Connection
  • Perfect for oil sampling

image 1.jpg

I've seen these but ALWAYS just cringe at the fact that IF something goes awry on the valve and it dumps all the oil out of your motor.  Ugh.  Granted my RV Onan genset as a similar kind of water spigot valve and it works fine.  I've only got one vehicle that gets more then one change a year so I've never bought one.  Thought about it, just haven't.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I have them on several different vehicles, including the mack.  The drain hole on the e7 oil pan is on one side kinda, and that helps some.  My c-12 cat has one, and it hangs down low off the pan.   I haul stuff into and out of pastures and fields all the time. Never had an issue with tall grass, twigs, or "missing" hotwire fence bothering them.  The one for the mack drains a little  slower, but when I drop the oil I usually let it drip overnite. 

• 10 months later...

NAPA offers EZ Oil Drain Valves

Fleet Owner  /  April 7, 2017

The EZ Oil Drain Valve is now available at all participating NAPA Stores nationwide.  With more than 6,000 stores across the country, NAPA noted it is one of the largest outlets for automotive replacement parts and accessories. 

The EZ Oil Drain Valve replaces the stock oil drain plug on any engine, making oil changes easier, cleaner, and faster. Turn the lever to drain oil, and the lever securely locks when closed.