Pictures of the Week

other dog

Alright, finally got to haul that dozer! You got more snow than I did this week. It really warmed up here making it soft and we have gumbo and it's awful, sticky, slimy stuff that gets as hard as cement once it dries. Been fun chaining up nearly every load but oh well that's part of the jon

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Nice job on the bulldozer mission!

The Western Star sure looks like it has breeding hips. Maybe custom rear axles?

I went up to the observation deck at Winfall Towers on the way home yesterday. You can see all the way to Brookneal from up there. I observed this girl up there observing the Winfall skyline.

attachicon.gifhot1268.jpg

Speaking of breeding hips....;)

That is a really nice old KW along with the AC dozer.

Enjoyed the pictures. The dozer looks like it has been restored. wonder what it weighs.

He said it weighed about 35,000 lbs. That's probably pretty close, this web page http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/003/0/8/3084-allis-chalmers-hd16.html

says 31,500 lbs and i'm assuming that's without the blade, hydraulic cylinders, cab,etc.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I took a load of pipes to State College, Pa. Monday. Unloaded Tuesday morning and went to Sharon to get 2 coils. It was snowing pretty good when I left State College, this was after I got on I-80.

attachicon.gifDSCN1579.JPG

Saw this unit across the street when I was leaving Sharon Coatings.

attachicon.gifDSCN1583.JPG

It snowed most of the way back, but 79 was clear- rt.19, not so much. This is coming up Powell Mountain, north of Summersville. HatCity said he was plowing and salting this section, but I think he was parked in a cross over drinking coffee. The only time he did any actual plowing was when he went to Sheetz to refill his thermos and grab more donuts.

attachicon.gifDSCN1584.JPG

After I unloaded the coils in Madison Heights I went to the shop and hooked up to the bulldozer trailer again so I could run down to the S.C. line on rt.38 Thursday and get that dozer that I was supposed to get last week for Mr. Burke.

attachicon.gifDSCN1589A.jpg

We left the shop at 6:15am and got there around 10:30am... the dozer got there around 3:30pm. Last week the truck that was bringing it broke down, this week he blew a tire on the lowboy. Then after somebody brought him a tire and put it on, he made it about 10 miles and blew a tire on the lowboy. So he had to get another tire brought to him- and it was the wrong tire, so the tire guy had to go back and get the right tire and come back again.

So what should have been a fairly easy one day mission turned into a 2 day deal. The only other issue was that Jeff told me the blade was 10'6'' wide. Mr. Burke said it was 11'6'', and my N.C. permit was for 11'. But I didn't get stopped or checked, so it didn't matter.

We couldn't run after dark so we went to Candor, N.C. and parked it, then we went over to Southern Pines- Mr. Burke just happens to own a home there and he plays a lot of golf . He called a friend that he knows from one of the golf courses to come pick us up and he took us to Mr. Burke's house, and picked us up yesterday morning and took us back to the truckstop. The home is for sale by the way, because he said he just didn't go there much any more- a palatial estate too, and only 200 grand.

He called a taxi to take us to get something to eat. Went to some sports bar, I don't remember the name of it. Mr Burke said "they've got everything from hot dogs to filet mignon here,and it's all good- I highly recommend the filet mignon". It should be good, it was $32 I think. A hot dog was $10.99- but fries were included. I got a shrimp po'boy, $13.99, and had 4 Bud lights at $4 each. I felt uncomfortable- but just a little- that he was spending that kind of money, but he's as nice a man as you'd ever want to meet and he paid for everything. He apologized for all the delays, but I told him that it was no problem for me, it was pretty much par for the course driving a truck, things seldom go as smoothly as planned. And if any of you are ever stranded in this area, just call me, i'll come get you. We'll stop by the store and get a pack of hot dogs and a loaf of bread and cook them over a fire on a stick, that's more my speed.

But we got the dozer back yesterday and unloaded it in a field at his house in Appomattox, then I dropped the trailer at the shop and went to Lynchburg and got a load of coils going to Raleigh and Benson, N.C. for Monday, binness as usual. They're calling for 2 to 4 inches of snow here Monday. I don't know about N.C. but I told them if it was slick around here Sunday the load would still be sitting at the shop Monday morning. Supposed to be warm again by Tuesday, in the 40's.

Nice looking old KW Mr. Burke's brother has.

attachicon.gifDSCN1592B.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN1594B.jpg

At the truckstop in Candor, N.C.

attachicon.gifDSCN1595.JPG

Unloading

attachicon.gifDSCN1597.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN1599.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN1598B.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN1600.JPG

Great pictures Tommy, thanks for posting.

Ron

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1