Produce and haul a$$

6c.jpg

hrxp-1205-willys-model-77-collector-bob-panella-008.jpgBobPanellaAngliaGasser3-vi.jpg

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I remembered the name from drag racing and looked in my magazines. The Lt and the Anglia are still owned by them and were recently in Hot Rod Deluxe. During the 1960's Gasser wars the Panella Brothers were one of the top 5 teams in the nation along with John Mazmanian, Stone-Woods-Cooke, Ohio George Montgomery and Jack Merkel . Tom Panella not only does trucks but is very big on the west coast building pro stock engines. 

Then the brothers had 50 trucks, now the have 350 trucks and 1000 sets of doubles.

Paul

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

very interesting i did not know that....they started catching my eye when i started running I 5 in the 80,s and used to see all that good looking equipment all R models fulla chrome and polished aluminum excellent..bob

4 minutes ago, mowerman said:

very interesting i did not know that....they started catching my eye when i started running I 5 in the 80,s and used to see all that good looking equipment all R models fulla chrome and polished aluminum excellent..bob

http://www.hotrod.com/cars/featured/hrxp-1205-willys-model-77-collector-bob-panella/

P.T.CHESHIRE

If they made LT's, B- 73-75's, R's and super dogs again. They would still sell. Brockways also. Wishfull thinking

I just read another thread on here about a bare-bones hot rod Mustang GT selling like hotcakes for under $40,000. The same concept could be applied to a truck. Offer a base model with not a lot of technology and flash, at a lower price point. Lots of customers still interested in a basic truck without all the electronics and accessories that drives up the price.

• Like 2

On 6/11/2016 at 8:46 AM, Underdog said:

I just read another thread on here about a bare-bones hot rod Mustang GT selling like hotcakes for under $40,000. The same concept could be applied to a truck. Offer a base model with not a lot of technology and flash, at a lower price point. Lots of customers still interested in a basic truck without all the electronics and accessories that drives up the price.

That's exactly why I held on to my 1988 Dodge Ram until last year. It was a basic truck. All heavy duty systems, New Process truck trans, rubber floor mat, vinyl seats, P.S. , P.B. and that's it. No AC, Stereo or 4x4, just a basic work unit. Replaced it with a left over 2015 Ram 5500 Tradesman cab and chassis with a 204" wheelbase. Cummins, 6 speed stick, AC delete, center console delete and rubber floor mats. Only options are the PTO, twin fuel tanks. List  $41000  $36500 left over price plus $3500 trade in on my old Dodge.$33000 cash out the door.   I'll put a rack body with a lift gate on it in a few months when we are settled in the VA. homestead.   Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 6/11/2016 at 5:46 AM, Underdog said:

that would be interesting to see how many they would move...bob