1959 b85 tractor

des hockley

11 hours ago, eddeere said:

What is story on the four headlights ? This is the only B 85 I have seen from the front. All the other B 80 series  I have seen only have two. Really a neat truck.

Seen photos of a lot of Australian trucks Macks and other makes with Quad lights added to them. Later ones seem  to run added KC style lights..    Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

12 hours ago, eddeere said:

What is story on the four headlights ? This is the only B 85 I have seen from the front. All the other B 80 series  I have seen only have two. Really a neat truck.

Those dual headlamp assemblies were readily available from the parts bin. They were used on the G-Model.

• Like 1

I really like this truck. Someday when I get a lot of money I hope to buy one. In the early photos the air cleaner is on the left. The other photo has it on the right. Was this done due to an engine change ? Do you know what the original engine and trans. were ?

• Like 1

On 8/9/2016 at 10:00 PM, eddeere said:

Hi mate,

as far as know the guy that i purchased the b85 from had the head lights fitted

i think 180B international that was back in the late 60s .

Regards Des

On 8/9/2016 at 9:33 PM, 41chevy said:

Seen photos of a lot of Australian trucks Macks and other makes with Quad lights added to them. Later ones seem  to run added KC style lights..    Paul

All the easier to see the 'roos and camels at night.

• Like 2

Brocky

On 8/10/2016 at 9:15 PM, eddeere said:

I really like this truck. Someday when I get a lot of money I hope to buy one. In the early photos the air cleaner is on the left. The other photo has it on the right. Was this done due to an engine change ? Do you know what the original engine and trans. were ?

original eng was6 cyl turbo cummins air cleaner r/ hand side. 2 nd engine 8 v 71 gm air cleaner l/ hand side 3rd engine turbo 420 cummins  air cleaner r/side. regards des. i will post more photos.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...