W I D E Load PLUS!

41chevy

16 hours ago, gearhead204 said:

that ought to clear and grub some acres in a hurry!

When I saw the title of this topic I thought I would see Killary's back side! 

Today's useless information

That's a stick rake on the front of the dozer. It's only used for stick raking after you have cleared the ground. Most times it's all pulled (a boat anchor chain between two dozers) then left for 12 months. The grass grows up thru and the timber dries and then its fired and whats left is raked into windrows and burnt.

And yeah it does make the truck look small.

Paul

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Todays useless information

Thats a stick rake on the front of the dozer its only used for stick raking after you have cleared the ground most times its all pulled ( a boat anchor chain between two dozers) then left for 12 months the grass grows up thru and the timber dries and then its fired and whats left is raked into windrows and burnt 

and yeah it does make the truck look small 

Paul

Thank you Cliff Claven

• Like 2

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

1 hour ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Cliff who ???????????????

from the TV show "Cheers"

the regular mailman always had useless facts/information

always started out as "little know fact,........"

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

11 minutes ago, mowerman said:

you would think they would remove the blade...like the R model...bob

Probably didn't because a crane would be needed to remove it and put it on a trailer.  Looks the same as the brush rakes used here to pile brush to burn in the winter or early spring or for scarifying the brush. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

I'd say that blade is a duel purpose implement outside of raking. Transporting like that any car that goes by is an instant Convertible and any bikers will not be using his head anymore!!  :thumb:

Not even a Wide Load banner or flags on the end of the blade, hopefully tranporting out in the middle of no where.

some more useless information  that photo was taken on Cubbie station and was Australias largest private irrigation concern it got into financial trouble in the drought 2001 -  2010 and is now owned by China

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cubbie_Station

http://www.cubbie.com.au/

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/cubbie-goes-to-china-for-a-steal/story-e6frg8zx-1226562159297

Paul

Edited by mrsmackpaul
  • Like 1