KrAZ introduces new MRAP

kscarbel2

Kraz Trucks Press Release  /  October 10, 2016

A new non-standard 4x4 model has been added to the KrAZ range of heavy armored off-road militaryvehicles. Utilizing an all-new design architecture, the “Hulk” joins our existing line-up of mine-resistant ambush-protected (MRAP) vehicles including the Hurricane, Shrek and Fiona.

The Hulk is based on the KrAZ-5233 off-road platform utilized by the Shrek. The difference between Hulk and Shrek is the absence of a conventional frame. All the components are attached directly to the monocoque construction body. As a result, the truck’s GVW has been reduced to 16 tonnes (from the Shrek’s 18 tonnes). Also, the truck’s overall height and access heights have been reduced too, which improves ergonomics and performance.

The body’s V-shaped “hull” helps to deflect upward directed blast. Ballistic protection meets STANAG 4569 level 2.  Armor plates stops penetration of bullet emitted from any shooting angle. Moreover, bullet penetration after ricochet has been minimized.

Mine protection meets STANAG 4569 level 2а and 2b: landmine explosion (6 kg of TNT) under any wheel or bottom.

All glass is laminated and bulletproof, and the inner layer is made of double polycarbonate.

A powerful 310 horsepower turbocharged diesel engine can propel the Hulk at speeds up to 90 km/h, and ensures high performance at extreme temperatures ranging from - 45 to + 450C. A manual 9-speed transmission easily adapts the vehicle to specific operating conditions.

The Hulk can accommodate up to 12 fully equipped soldiers.

The Hulk is multi-role armored off-road MRАP vehicle used for carrying personnel, various cargoes and equipment over all kinds of terrain. It can provide fire support with advanced weaponry, and features both active and passive protective countermeasures.

image 1.jpg

image 3.jpg

When visiting Flagstaff, AZ recently I got to watch a BNSF train come by with a train load of nothing but MRAP's. I assume they were headed back to Camp Pendleton from the middle east. There had to be at least two hundred or more on board the train. I wish I had been quick enough to get a phone video.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Armorplate : unibody! On a military note I loaded 3 Israeli command vehicles ( desert camo Chevy blazers with machine gun mts) during the 1st gulf war. My agent said "they aren't equipped with fuel filters" I thought this unusual in a Sandy environment! "Their average lifespan is 90 minutes"! he replied! Saves money!