Lindsay Fox vows to never retire

kscarbel2

Prime Mover Magazine  /  October 18, 2016

Reflecting on six decades at the helm of one of Australia’s most successful transport businesses, Victorian trucking magnate, Lindsay Fox, has declared he would only retire when he died.

According to the Herald Sun, the 79-year-old used a recent industry function at Linfox’s Australian Automotive Research Centre near Anglesea to point out he was still fit and enthusiastic about his company, which has also seen his sons David and Andrew rise to management roles.

“We now have 36,000 people working for us in 11 countries,” he told the newspaper. “You look back and wonder how the hell did I do it.”

When asked about his thoughts on retirement, he replied: “When I’m dead. I’m so proud of my family and the whole enterprise.”

According to the Herald Sun’s Ian Royall, Fox also used the occasion to comment on infrastructure policy in Victoria. He reportedly called for the completion of a Melbourne ring road and said not enough was being done to beat gridlock.

“Mr Fox said governments suffered from ‘paralysis by analysis’ and questioned why they did not seek advice from transport companies when making big decisions,” Royall summarised.

“At Linfox, we do 260 million kilometres a year and are the largest payer of tolls in all of Australia – but no one from state or federal government, Labor or Liberal, spoke to us about the infrastructure of the country. It’s ludicrous,” he quoted Fox.

Fox started out with one truck, a Ford F500 V8, and now has a fleet of more than 6,000 vehicles to his name.

image 1.jpg

image 2.jpg

image 3.jpg

• Like 1