Mack RS600 Valueliners

Question for all ya all.........   I know the Valueliner was a good seller down under but didn't seem to be all that popular around here. Although I did drive one way back one summer as a dump truck for a guy back then in Monroe NH. That brings me to the question: most Valueliners had E6's in them and some had E7's and a FEW had E8's. Now I always thought that the RS700's were made longer to stuff an 865 or 866 under the hood. IF that is true, then how in heck could they stuff either an 865 or 866 in a Valueliner??  Anyone have any idea?? Photos maybe??  I'm talking the American version that would be sold here.

Dave

3 hours ago, Vladislav said:

RS700's were Valueliners either.

Yes you're right. The RS700L's were not Valueliners. They were a beast all to themselves. But, I was under the impression that Mack lengthened the frame of the RS700's so that they could stuff a V8 under the hood, and that's why I've wondered how they could stuff a V8 in an RS600 series Valueliner which is about a foot shorter. It must be a doggone tight fit under that hood!!

4 hours ago, dave41855 said:

Question for all ya all.........   I know the Valueliner was a good seller down under but didn't seem to be all that popular around here. Although I did drive one way back one summer as a dump truck for a guy back then in Monroe NH. That brings me to the question: most Valueliners had E6's in them and some had E7's and a FEW had E8's. Now I always thought that the RS700's were made longer to stuff an 865 or 866 under the hood. IF that is true, then how in heck could they stuff either an 865 or 866 in a Valueliner??  Anyone have any idea?? Photos maybe??  I'm talking the American version that would be sold here.

Dave

The Australian Value-Liner and the U.S. market Value-Liner were two completely different trucks. They're not comparable.

E8 ?

• Like 1

Nice model,Did you "scratch build" the tool box, or is it included in the kit? I once built a model of a Peterbilt conventional,w 900 I think.I put the cab on top of the fenders and glued the Pete grille she'll onto the firewall. Looked like a H model mack with a 300" wheelbase!

20 hours ago, dave41855 said:

Yes you're right. The RS700L's were not Valueliners. They were a beast all to themselves. But, I was under the impression that Mack lengthened the frame of the RS700's so that they could stuff a V8 under the hood, and that's why I've wondered how they could stuff a V8 in an RS600 series Valueliner which is about a foot shorter. It must be a doggone tight fit under that hood!!

So did you mean RS600 with V8? I suppose they never existed.

Although I'm not 100% clever on this matter. And if anybody say I'm wrong I'd like to know that.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

The way I understand things on the American trucks you had what started out as the western models made in California the RS/RL 600 and the RS/RL 700 every 600 that I have ever seen had six cylinder Mack engines the 700 could have six cylinder Mack V-8 Mack Cat Cummins or Detriot the Valueliner badge started on the 600 series when production on the 700 stopped and the Superliner started

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Vladislav said:

So did you mean RS600 with V8? I suppose they never existed.

Although I'm not 100% clever on this matter. And if anybody say I'm wrong I'd like to know that.

That's what I mean Vladislav. IF they existed here in America, they must have been really stuffed under the hood!!  In doing some studying, yes the Australian version did have V8's, but, they were completely different than their American counterparts. There, their hoods were longer and higher to have the needed room. After looking at Australian photos and specs, there is a HUGE difference in the trucks. Here in America, now, I'd rather doubt any RS600's ever had a V* in it!

5 minutes ago, Brian Blaylock said:

The way I understand things on the American trucks you had what started out as the western models made in California the RS/RL 600 and the RS/RL 700 every 600 that I have ever seen had six cylinder Mack engines the 700 could have six cylinder Mack V-8 Mack Cat Cummins or Detriot the Valueliner badge started on the 600 series when production on the 700 stopped and the Superliner started

I think you've hit the nail on the head Brian. I agree that no Valueliner here ever had a V8 in it. But, I have been wrong before!! :-)

I also recall that White Mtn. Mack, when they were in Lancaster, DID have an RS700L custom ordered for a customer that had a "stock" 500HP V8 in it. I recall getting a chance to see it before it's owner picked it up. They had it on display for a bit there. Pretty sure it had a 36" Able Body sleeper attached to it, which for the period, was a sit-in bunk. That was also on display at the same time. It was painted orange and green and I think it went to Kelly Logging in Berlin NH. Wished I'd snapped some photos of it!

22 hours ago, dave41855 said:

That's what I mean Vladislav. IF they existed here in America, they must have been really stuffed under the hood!!  In doing some studying, yes the Australian version did have V8's, but, they were completely different than their American counterparts. There, their hoods were longer and higher to have the needed room. After looking at Australian photos and specs, there is a HUGE difference in the trucks. Here in America, now, I'd rather doubt any RS600's ever had a V* in it!

Australian Valueliners were almost different ball game indeed. As far as I've figured out the most Macks built there in those years rode on a R-model frame. I mean American Eastern R's. If you know RL/RS had their own frame style - straight rails from front to rear, of the constant section and with no spread at the front. Both 600's and 700's.

Talking further of Aussie Valueliners you can easily identyfy V8 trucks. They had higher cabs with the hood top beweled. Those with the horizontal hood top were in-line 6's. 

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012