GAZ Group launches CNG engine range

kscarbel2

GAZ Group Press Release  /  November 16, 2016

Yaroslavl Motor Works (aka Avtodiesel), the engine and transmission producing unit of GAZ Group (Gorky Automobile Factory), has begun production of compressed natural gas (CNG) fueled YaMZ-530 series emissions [near EPA2007] diesel engines.

Available as a 4.4-liter four cylinder (YaMZ-534) and 6.7-liter six cylinder (YaMZ-536) rated from 150 to 312 horsepower, the CNG YaMZ-530 range is the most advanced powerplant of its size in Russia. The timing of the launch of GAZ’s new engines was paired with the celebration of the 100th anniversary the Yaroslavl Motor Plant at which Russian President Vladimir Putin spoke with employees. The operational cost of the engines is 40 to 50 percent lower than comparable diesel powerplants and help to lower the CO2 emissions by 5 to 6 times.

Jointly developed by the Yaroslavl Motor Works and AVL List GmbH of Austria, the engines will be available in both Euro-5 (near EPA2007) and Euro-6 (near EPA2010) emissions ratings. The Yaroslavl Motor Works (YaMZ) supplies truck engines to MAZ in Belarus, Kamaz, RM-Terex and Ural in Russia and AutoKrAZ in Ukraine.

I congratulate the citizens not only of Yaroslavl but also of Russia with the one hundredth anniversary of Avtodiesel. This plant, born under the decree of Nicholas II, is today one of the most leading-edge plants not only in our country but also worldwide. I would say one of the best in the world - especially if we assess the level of the production and product quality at the new site producing medium-duty YAMZ-530 engines. I have seen here the most modern practices and effective technologies. This is a good example of the state support we rendered to the plant in 2008 that was correctly utilized by the company and its employees. Yes, we have always supported and will support the hi-tech industries, however, the success of YaMZ, including the launch of natural gas engine production today, became possible thanks to excellent work of all GAZ Group employees and the Yaroslavl Motor Plant. I am sure the new engine has an excellent future.

Vladimir Putin

Related reading:

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/topic/39695-truckmaker-gaz-supplying-engines-to-terex/#comment-286758

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/topic/40317-gaz-introduces-next-generation-ural-truck-range/#comment-292160

image 2.jpg

image 3.jpg

image 4.jpg

image 5.jpg

image 6.JPG