Tassie truckin' : Ben Allen

kscarbel2

Big Rigs  /  August 3, 2017

Caught filling in for our old mate "Jacko”, it was great to catch up with Ben Allen from Westbury when we dropped in to the Epping Forest Caltex on our way to Bridgenorth.

He was driving a distinctive RBA Line Haul 2002 Mack Magnum with a 600 Signature up front, (with almost three million on the clock) and towing a B-double at the time, and he was on his way to Hobart, and then return.

"I've been with Bruce for 12 months now, and am really enjoying the job,” he said.

"In fact I have been working as a diesel mechanic now for 15 years, interspersed with driving off and on for the last six of them.

"It's all good, but I admit I enjoy the driving too, especially working for Bruce, you couldn't get a better boss, and he keeps all his gear in top nick as well.

"Yes, I am happy, as long as I am working around or in trucks, wouldn't swap it for quids!”

Asked about his spare time, he said it's all devoted to the family, and the four kids. Oh and a heap of animals as well!

image 1.jpg