Driver jumps out of cab seconds before stricken tractor-trailer hit by train

kscarbel2

1 hour ago, Hobert62 said:
The sign said no trucks.  I'm guessing he was hung up on the landing gear.    

I thought he was bob tailing...even so numbnuts in the train I’m sure had plenty of time to react if he wasn’t at the controls with his head in his ass...bob

5 hours ago, Hobert62 said:

The sign said no trucks.  I'm guessing he was hung up on the landing gear.    

image.thumb.jpg.d2a58827e3c3dab31f80ffa75259bd84.jpg

the quick glance i got of the trailer it looked like a lowboy, or low deck. so my guess is he high-sided it and got hung up on the tracks. 

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Sorry, but if I were hung up on the tracks, I would unhook the air and electric lines, pull the 5th wheel release, and pull the tractor out of harms way.  Do that while on the phone with the railroad.  If they can't get the trains shut down, at least you minimize the damage.  Once the trains are shut down, get some blocks to roll the drives onto as you back under the trailer again, hook up the air lines, and back off the tracks.  Even if you can't pull out from under the trailer, with the 5th wheel released and the air lines disconnected, at least it won't drag your truck 1/2 mile up the tracks.

No big loss here, though...just a petercar.

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I showed this video to a friend that is a retired engineer and he estimated 35 to 40 mph on the train. The stopping distance at that speed on hard braking and depending

weight of train would be over a third of a mile to a half mile. Just his opinion.        Dumb Shit truck driver not reading signs and knowing his rig/ That's my opinion.

Truck Shop

• Like 2

One ping only