RD822sx hauling transformer

9 minutes ago, Red Horse said:

Ok  you riggers-educate me.  For 270,000 lbs seems like we would see a jeep or two in this combo?? Or was this move totally on arsenal property?

The trailer is 5 axle lines, 8 tires per axle line. Like it is, I can scale 266,000 lb in TN, depending on route survey. Add a pusher axle to the truck and I can go 286,000 lb in TN, which is about 100 ton on the trailer.

All that being said, the move above was all on the Arsenal, from one substation to another, where regular weight laws don’t apply. Basically the military didn’t care how we moved it, as long as we didn’t tear anything up.

19 minutes ago, Red Horse said:

Ok  you riggers-educate me.  For 270,000 lbs seems like we would see a jeep or two in this combo?? Or was this move totally on arsenal property?

I’ll also add that all our moves on this trailer are short moves of usually just a few miles.

You are correct that if you moved this load across the country, it would likely require a 19 axle trailer setup. With this trailer we have, we often unload the machine off the big over the road trailer and take it the last little bit with this smaller trailer, because often those trailers are just to big to get the machine into where they want it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, m16ty said:

I’ll also add that all our moves on this trailer are short moves of usually just a few miles.

You are correct that if you moved this load across the country, it would likely require a 19 axle trailer setup. With this trailer we have, we often unload the machine off the big over the road trailer and take it the last little bit with this smaller trailer, because often those trailers are just to big to get the machine into where they want it.

Thx for response and education.  So what specs does that RD have?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, m16ty said:

E-9 500hp engine, Mack 12-speed main trans, Fuller AT1202 auxiliary, 65k rears.

What a HOSS!!!!!!  There are not many 8 tire per axle trailers here in the States??? Seems to be an Aussie thing..

Edited by Brocky

Brocky