10 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

Though I've been around many years, I still learn something new with each new day. Each new day is a new class-in-session.

As for opinions, when you step out of the box and look in, everyone's thoughts here are not that far apart. And there's some extremely sharp people here with vast amounts of knowledge........true "fountains of knowledge". (Not to mention Emmy-nominated YouTube star Paul from Australia)

BMT members are high caliber people, and it's a privilege to know everyone here.

Agree- so Gumby stick around- everyone is a contributor and you don't always have to agree.

• Like 2

Funny thread, reminds me of the oil & filter threads on a Gold Wing forum. Discussing weights of oil can be very interesting-like watching paint dry or grass grow. Now going to a demo derby can be entertaining.

Look at the people setting around you-don't bother watching the derby. 

• Like 1

One ping only

1 hour ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Yes as I  said before sae 50

Hope this clears it up

Paul

Screenshot-20200705-081019.png

Screenshot-20200705-081033.png

Screenshot-20200705-081041.png

Says these oils approved in 2010, I don’t know about the older 1’s?  I ran 80-90 in my T318LR & it had 50 in it before, it made a lot quieter & it shifted no different but it doesn’t get very cold here but hot it does.

HYTRANS SAE rating is 10W30 . I'd use it in the trans as an additive cutting the factory SAE rated gear oil, maybe 20%HyTrans.

1 hour ago, Red Horse said:

And from both of my  "Operation and Maintenance Manual(s)"  No Print date- I think they are both "bootlegged copies

Mack Trans Lube 5 (1).pdf 1.22 MB · 2 downloads

MIL-L-2015  mil spec was superseded by MIL-L-2015A in the early 1960's  the lube specs as of 2015 is MIL-L-2015E. Your printing would be about 1962 0r earlier. My Cadillac Gage M114 is 1964 vintage uses the MIL-L-2015A specs non mineral oils.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I rode Harleys for years and a lot of times the transmission clunk into gear I kind of liked the idea of transmission fluid seem to make sense to me I’ve never tried it and I never heard of it But it is really gooy it would probably do a good job And yes I did notice this was turning into a pissing contest personally I try not to piss anybody  off and I generally don’t discuss politics anymore on here but most of the time in person I have no filter just ask the old lady ha ha Ha.... bob