Coca Cola LJ Mack colors

On 6/19/2024 at 5:10 PM, 1961H67 said:

The first time I ever saw this LJ was in the early 70s , The fella I got it from used it to tow trucks for several of the NC trucking companies, McLean, Hennis, Akers were his main customers, since Dad drove for Hennis from 1961 through the late 70s I saw the LJ a lot, plus the fella lived in our neighborhood ( I started working for him when I got out of high school) It’s was the same color as I’m repainting it , all faded out of corse the paint was original , the bumper and grill guard was always white with red diamonds painted on,, I’m trying to match it as close to the way it was. I see pictures of old trucks with diamonds painted on the bumper,, must be old school from the 50s and 60s . 

IMG_7667.jpeg

I thought that was a logging thing????? Bob

Looking fantastic, I saw a cattle trailer with big diamonds on it maybe 30 years ago behind Flinstone Mack

Yellow trailer with 2 white diamonds on the front and back and a huge one on each side

Really stood out

Keep up the great work

Paul

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 1961H67 said:

I have seen some older log trucks with the bumper painted like that, unsure, I just painted it back the way it was in the 70s . Hopefully I can put the doors on in the next few days. 

IMG_7682.jpeg

Yes, I see a lot of older loggers rigs with the diamond on there. I used to call them branch wagons on the radio they would usually respond I don’t know what’s up with that generally styles like that don’t travel coast to  coast your guess is as good as mine. It looks real good hats off, bud.Bob

On 6/15/2024 at 12:46 AM, 1961H67 said:

Thank You, I think it will be different, I haven’t seen this color combo on it since I was 18 ( 1978) and it was terrible faded and chipped then .my chrome was flaking off the Mack emblem and Bulldog mount , so I sanded it off and polished it . I think Gold plating is cheaper than chrome around here! I’ll touch up on the black in the Mack letters when I have more black mixed. Probably done for the weekend,,, All Star Games are wide open for my Helper. 

IMG_7655.jpeg

...So did you end up gold plating the emblem??

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On 6/9/2024 at 9:59 PM, 1961H67 said:

Yes I had talked to the guy about them a while back and had even looked at the right one about a year ago, but he didn’t want to sell the left one at the time, So I asked him again last week and we made a deal, they were not to far away and not to expensive, so I’ll do some work on them and try to keep moving on this 47 year project. ( the shop Cat gave them a look over) 

IMG_1898.png

This is a great find! And almost the style you need for a Cummins version - with front extensions and the cut out.

I also keep my eye on a set of good L-model fenders and didn't see many (if any) offers during the years. But my interest is for Mack engine fenders. And the set I have is not really bad so I plan to try fixing them first.

The doors and the grille look really nice!

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

1 hour ago, Vladislav said:

This is a great find! And almost the style you need for a Cummins version - with front extensions and the cut out.

I also keep my eye on a set of good L-model fenders and didn't see many (if any) offers during the years. But my interest is for Mack engine fenders. And the set I have is not really bad so I plan to try fixing them first.

The doors and the grille look really nice!

They're the style for a Cat looks like

• Like 1