Coca Cola LJ Mack colors

The mirrors that were on it ( from the 60s I would assume) had 3 bolts in the top bracket, they are in good shape but the chrome is pitting, I have seen some top brackets that curve towards the front of the door frame. I’ve used these R style bracket kits on my H & LTH . Most of these old trucks have had a couple different sets through the years since they didn’t come out with “ West Coast “:mirrors . ( I’m unsure when and what brand of mirrors were offered when the West Coast mirrors got popular on the east coast? ) So since I’ve got 2 Superliner parts trucks I had plenty to choose from. 

I heard 1959 prior to that they had the smaller version that only had one single arm and yes, I know you know what I’m talking about. Every little bit helps. Let’s keep up the good work….bob

A lot of stuff was made for Mack . I heard through the years such as the two stick transmission was made somewhere in Arizona or New Mexico for Mack . They didn’t actually produce them themselves, but they were specifically for Mack

Well, according to Google, all the power train is assembled Hagerstown, Maryland via Mack truck plant. Don’t know I guess you can’t believe everything you hear that says assembled in Macungie Pennsylvania most of the truck wonder what happened to Jamestown new York and Plainfield , New Jersey??????bob

On 7/13/2024 at 5:31 AM, 1961H67 said:

The mirrors that were on it ( from the 60s I would assume) had 3 bolts in the top bracket, they are in good shape but the chrome is pitting, I have seen some top brackets that curve towards the front of the door frame. I’ve used these R style bracket kits on my H & LTH . Most of these old trucks have had a couple different sets through the years since they didn’t come out with “ West Coast “:mirrors . ( I’m unsure when and what brand of mirrors were offered when the West Coast mirrors got popular on the east coast? ) So since I’ve got 2 Superliner parts trucks I had plenty to choose from. 

Those you used fit the door wery well on my mind. I just saw many (not really many but a few) L-models with slightly curved top bracket where it follows the door top edge. But it's nice to discover that newer stuff off an R could be used that fine.

Love the look of the result. L-models are ones of my favorite Macks.

• Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 2 weeks later...

Most L model parts are pretty rare. A lot of my searches were fruitless, causing me to fabricate and get creative to solve issues. I shared almost all the parts I had accumulated with people restoring L cabs when I had my cab done, Dean can attest to that. What I had helped about three other restorers with their projects. Even my go to for parts, Matt Pfahl, said "Good luck!". He was only able to help me with some minor door and vent window parts. One of the FaceBook pages I'm on had some NOS parts posted for sale and they were gone almost instantly and for some insanely expensive prices. A NOS lower back panel that was still in the factory shipping crate went for $1K, A brand new LT hood for $3K(!!!) a stack of NOS floor mats for $500 each. Passenger side door skin. I've never soon anything like that before and I did and still do a lot of searching for L parts.

EB0AF9DB-9EE4-4844-98C8-943C7013BE02.jpeg

B8202A67-8F30-4C36-AFF4-AB6ADF70D13E.jpeg

1BA218CA-E07F-45AC-9E55-9E23ED2563B1.jpeg

97A0DD94-4464-4D4C-A0D3-ECDFC5250A0E.jpeg

• Like 2

Can be right irritating if you need one little thing and you can’t find it anywhere not sure I think even 40 years ago. It would’ve been a little difficult for.L model body parts… especially without internet…bob

The internet definitely has helped, back in the 70s I knew about every one in North & South Carolina with a lot of L cab parts,but you had no idea a few hundred miles away until the internet. 

• Like 1

Right,,,, I was very lucky to land a triplex in real good shape 50 miles from here from a local flyer before internet thought I was gonna have to travel a lot further than that with a blind eye ha ha … bob

• Like 1