Coca Cola LJ Mack colors

Best part I forgot to mention it it was only 300 bucks. I would’ve paid a lot more for it as clean as it was inside. Also talked him into the brand new clutch he was kind of hemming and hashing I said what are you gonna do with it throw it in OK he said I’ll throw it in… bob

• Like 1

On 8/7/2024 at 3:41 AM, 1961H67 said:

A little more progress,,new hood lace on the cab ,hopefully I can finish it on the radiator shroud soon then move on to finish finishing the hood. My Helper has been polishing small parts , working on the copper heater lines . 

IMG_8084.jpeg

IMG_8083.jpeg

IMG_8018.jpeg

What is the source of those cooper split nails (or rivets)? I'm close to be needing a set.

And one more point - which width of the lacing did you use for your truck?

The results look excellent by the way:thumb:

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Thanks Matt , yes I’ll have to use some glaze on some of the pitted areas and I have  some high build primer,,Time will tell how many coats.  Val I’m out of town till Sunday, when I get back I’ll send you the exact width, thickness of the cowl lace and the info on the brass rivet 

12 hours ago, 1961H67 said:

Thanks Matt , yes I’ll have to use some glaze on some of the pitted areas and I have  some high build primer,,Time will tell how many coats.  Val I’m out of town till Sunday, when I get back I’ll send you the exact width, thickness of the cowl lace and the info on the brass rivet 

Thank you. Sorry to bother with my needs.

15 hours ago, 1961H67 said:

Last Day of Summer break, I had to cut out some rust and weld some patch’s in , then send to my body man for some touch up,, Back to school Monday. 

IMG_8254.jpeg

So soon!... We have the school year starting from 1st of September. Summer passes by that fast you need more free time enjoying it!

Hope he will study well so could use weekends for the shop activities :) 

I know what that's like!!! The roof I used on my cab was pitted and the thought of filling it, then sanding it drove me nuts. Three coats of Hi Build primer and light sanding in between saved some of my sanity. Some of it is just grunt work and time consuming. It's looking so good, now. You'll get through these last few pieces soon enough. It's going to look amazing with your paint combination!!

• Like 2