Coca Cola LJ Mack colors

The last pieces seem to be the hardest to get done. I don't know if its project exhaustion or just a desire to get it done, but it's hard not to slap it together and finish. It is worth it to test fit them before final painting as working on them after without doing some damage is nearly impossible. Check the fit, profile and all the bolt holes for alignment before paint, a pain in the ass but worth it. They look great, BTW!!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, mrsmackpaul said:

I could pretend to know about body work, but I really am not any good with body work 

Looks good to my untrained eye 

Paul

another area to which the phrase ' practice makes perfect. a willingness to try and learn is the most important factor. watch someone all day long helps; get in there and do it is better. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, 1961H67 said:

I test fitted the fenders ( mainly because they were off 2 other separate LJs ) I had to adjust the Fender “ Horns “ on both, they had to much of a gap between the radiator shroud, I had to cut a small notch and bend them in about a 1/2 inch. And reweld . But now is the time to adjust. Those Horns are an afterthought addition to cover the notches in the shroud for the frame, they moved the radiator out about 8 inches for the Cummins. You can see the notch straight under the hood lace on the shroud, evidently instead of making a solid shroud, they came up with the Horns to hide the notch. One more hurdle behind me! 

IMG_8300.jpeg

IMG_8376.jpeg

Two thumbs up!!!   :thumb::thumb:

• Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Vlad , you are correct about the center hood hinge , just like my other trucks they are worn on each end, I was thinking about putting a small piece of aluminum underneath the hold down and let it come back a inch or so to catch some good hinge, also the chrome was bad so I did it like I did the radiator chrome, I sanded it off and polished the brass, we'll see how that works out.

My hinge has damage at both ends, cracked for nearly a couple inches at each side. Also I have a portion of really bad hinge. The idea is it gets stress at the ends the most since off the ends it's supported by channels attached to the hood sides. This way I guess if I cut a portion off the central hinge and add a portion of a spare part the seam wouldn't be stressed much and could hold its steadiness just being welded by a couple of spots. It's a trouble to weld that channel (with my skills). It's thin and may meld down. Mine is not brass. It's covered with brass probably galvanized or soldered for corrosion resistance but generically it's steel.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012