Coca Cola LJ Mack colors

Thank y’all so much. It’s wide spread, Only one major interstate to get supplies to the Asheville area. I 26 is Washed out in Erwin TN . I 40 has A landslide on each side of Asheville, I26 to Spartanburg SC is the only way out, last night was the first time since Friday morning I had any cell service, and I looked at some photos of the area and it’s unbelievable, There are some  YouTube videos out now. I think the National Guard is here, I’ve talked to people from a lot of states now , it will probably be 2 weeks for my power to be on, I’m just trying to get my good stuff out of the shop and bring up to my smaller shed. 

Just so sad over this whole disaster. Thoughts and prayers for your neighbors, such a horrible tragedy. The main thing is you and your family are all OK and have shelter. Things can be replaced and seem insignificant compared to loved ones.

I'm surprised how long it has taken for the news of this devastating tragedy has taken to get out. I didn’t hear about anything the magnitude of the disaster until you texted my back on Sunday. I was very worried when I didn’t hear from you on Saturday. I only started to see stuff on facebook and YouTube on Sunday, but nearly nothing on the news. My old National Guard unit sent a Chinook down on Friday and has been operating nearly nonstop since it arrived along with several other states.

My thoughts and prayers will remain with you and if you need anything please don’t hesitate to ask?

Matt

• Like 2

Matt

Not only the news.. Everything is happening very slow in SC. I have been out most everyday.  I have NOT seen any Asplunda type tree crews out and this afternoon was the first time I saw a single outside electric crew bucket truck. Just late Monday did the outside medical offices and grocery stores get their power back.

• Like 2

Brocky

I’m sorry to hear you were affected by the flooding.  Glad to hear your family is safe. I’ll look to see if I have L model door panels in the pile.  I think I have a couple. You are welcome to them if we can get them to you. I don’t think I have headlights. I know it’s not top of your list right now but let us know what you’re looking for.   Mike. 

• Like 2

Thank Y’all for all the Prayers and comments. Yes the news media and our government is hiding the worst, The Chinook is working hard along with what looks like at least 4 other medical helicopters. At least 60 dead within a 10 mile radius. We are doing ok , probably a week before power gets on ,, and there looking at a year for I40 to Knoxville . Thanks for the parts offer, I’ll get it dug out and see what’s missing. Built a” Ford “ across the creek today and got the skid steer over there. 

It's going to be a slow and painful recovery. I worry that the number of people killed and missing isn't as high as some estimates. That the people will be found in shelters or had been unable to communicate their whereabouts. These are some remote and hard to get to areas and a reason the word has been slow to get out as to the  extent of this tragedy. You, your family and neighbors are all in our thoughts and prayers.

• Like 2

Thank you ! And thank the Crew on the Chinook, they have worked it hard , I hear there’s some type of political glitch ( Title 10 ?.) I’m not sure. Keeping the military helicopters from helping more, they’re a Lot of private helicopters, believe me, I’ve been all over these mountains and when the roads get cut ,.. You have one choice for saving a life.. Helicopter! 

• Like 1

I heard on the news tonight they're talking about sending 3,000 federal troops to assist. The Guard is usually the first to respond, because they're community based. When I responded to disasters in the past, you usually would position as close as you can and then wait for the weather to clear enough to continue in and pick up your mission set and orientation of the area. I have seen some issues where there are civilian helicopters just showing up. This usually causes choas, loss of control and mid-air hazards. Civilian helicopters are of lesser value because they're usually smaller and have payload limitations. Everyone wants to help, but it needs to be coordinated to be safe and efficient. Title 10 would be the Active Duty troops, Title 32 are your National Guard troops under state control. I actually got paid less and received less benefits when on state active duty than when I was on a normal drill status. But, that's not why we do it. People (our neighbors) need help and we go, in our state or another in need. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi all,What can i say....sad news from your area theres nothing like a disaster to bring a community together.at the end if the day loved ones are all that really matters.Thoughts and Prayers to all from Ireland.

Paul

• Like 1

I couldn't help but wonder if there was a Google street view of this area (Old Fort Rd). Turns out there is. For context this is what the last image Dean posted on Monday looked like prior to the hurricane (March 2023) I have reattached it for a side by side reference....Insane to say the least.

image.thumb.png.783ca0e5b99c816d78c7629da9d6fa3b.png

IMG_2115.thumb.png.776c35e595bb9e928b1a2e396a6b62de.png

Edited by 67RModel
Clarification
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

Jesus, what a mess!! Connecticut is sending another CH-47 and a UH-60 down today to assist. There are several states assisting North Carolina as well, it's not just CT. Things are continuing to ramp up as more assets are arriving.

• Like 1